Value of: New Jersey Devils Trade Down

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Ray Shero has been on record multiple times saying that this year, depending on the players available at #17. he would have an open mind with trading down in the draft, as they do not own a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year. Any team interested in trading up, and what would you be open to offering?

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I'm personally in favor of keeping all of our picks, but I'm curious what would your fanbase think of 35th+38th.

I know it's definitely close in value when you look up a draft pick value chart, but would you entertain that deal or is it going too low in the draft?

Like I said I wouldn't necessarily do it, unless someone we really like/need fall. I'm just curious what you think.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I don’t see the Devils trading all the way out of the 1st unless they’re confident that there will be a few fallers they want.

Looking at the board, the ideal move would be to NYR for #26 and #39 or #48 but I don’t see it happening unless the Rangers fall in love with a player that won’t be available at their #26.

Reactions: Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
I'm personally in favor of keeping all of our picks, but I'm curious what would your fanbase think of 35th+38th.

I know it's definitely close in value when you look up a draft pick value chart, but would you entertain that deal or is it going too low in the draft?

Like I said I wouldn't necessarily do it, unless someone we really like/need fall. I'm just curious what you think.
I think the value is there but I don't see the Devils completely moving out of the first round unless someone on their board is looking to be available there.

Edit: And I've pretty much copied the post before me. Whoops.

Reactions: MichaelJ

DeVols

#VFL
Jan 31, 2008
Knoxville, TN
I just don't think it's worth trading down if we are going to receive a 3rd. Personally, I'd rather take K'Andre Miller at #17 and be done with it. If Shero is confident we can move down a couple spots and still snag him to recoup a pick, fine. I've read that Miller had extremely good draft interviews so I'm a little worried he's creeping up on other teams' draft boards.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006

i would prolly make that deal if i were NJ. decent for both sides.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I think the value is there but I don't see the Devils completely moving out of the first round unless someone on their board is looking to be available there.

Edit: And I've pretty much copied the post before me. Whoops.
Yeah, just saw that lol but that was my first thought.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Ray Shero has been on record multiple times saying that this year, depending on the players available at #17. he would have an open mind with trading down in the draft, as they do not own a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year. Any team interested in trading up, and what would you be open to offering?

I'd consider something like 30+36 for 17 if somebody Detroit really needs fell.

Allhailtheleafs

Feb 18, 2018
From the leafs perspective I'd offer 25, 52 and a 7th rounder. Only problem is I don't think the player I'd be interested in would be available at 17 (Wilde) Or the other players I'd want would still be available at 25. Leafs need rhd. So, I'd be happy with woo, Samuelson, or mcissac. One of them should be available. So, if Wilde is available at 17, I'd be interested, but not really sure it would make sense to place all our eggs in one basket

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I hope we don't trade back and stick at #17.

We've picked a boat load of prospects in the past couple of years and I'd rather get quality at #17 over quantity (very late 1st and mid to late 2nd).

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008

Maybe swap the later 2nd for Nic Petan and add a 3rd or 4th depending how the actual devils fans feel?
Petan get a better chance to crack a devils forward core and was a previous 2nd himself who’s developed along pretty well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad