New Jersey Devils to draft #17

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
When will people ever give up on the whole zacha thing? Most scouts agreed that he was the BPA at the time for ****s sake..

Actually NOBODY agreed on BPA at that point in the draft, which is sort of the point. People act like we passed on Seth Jones for Nichushin.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
So let's change the Spiderman meme to say :

DEVILS OFFSEASON

LET'S ARGUE!!

Done:

28wgpl.jpg

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Actually NOBODY agreed on BPA at that point in the draft, which is sort of the point. People act like we passed on Seth Jones for Nichushin.

You know what's funny? Adam Larsson at 4 is a much bigger whiff than Zacha at 6. That Shero found a f***ing imbecile to trade us a superstar for him doesn't change that. In a few years we'll trade Zacha for Dahlin and everyone can calm down.

Reactions: glenwo2

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I actually liked Couturier in 2011, before we won the Lotto.

Yeah, I thought it was bizarre that he fell that much considering how solid his reputation had been for two plus years before the draft.

I get a similar feeling from the way most people talk about Patrick. As much as the Flyers got hammered, I thought he was pretty good for his first playoff series.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
I get a similar feeling from the way most people talk about Patrick. As much as the Flyers got hammered, I thought he was pretty good for his first playoff series.

The second half of the season and in the PO Patrick was really good and he was way faster. Seems as if he needed the time to finally get completely healthy. The Flyers got a real good player in Patrick who will be a stud for years to come. If he stays healthy.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The second half of the season and in the PO Patrick was really good and he was way faster. Seems as if he needed the time to finally get completely healthy. The Flyers got a real good player in Patrick who will be a stud for years to come. If he stays healthy.

I'm surprised, his scouting report pre-draft was 4th line grinder or likely farmer AHLer

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
It's inexcusable for us not to have any picks after 17th to all the way to over 100th.

you will always find something to complain about

we've had literally 20 picks in the past 2 drafts. You cannot keep picking that many times and be able to sign everyone.

also, you want our 3rd back? Thats cool, you're giving Vatanen back to Anaheim in that case

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
a 2nd round draft pick this year wouldn't make an iota of impact on the nhl squad for like 3 more seasons, you have no idea how this team is going to look by then and given the number of picks we've had in the past two drafts it's hardly the high impact loss some people are acting like.

we have an abundance of prospects right now and a gm who's not afraid of making bold moves to improve the team. made the grabner and maroon trades to make the playoffs, they did and it was a valuable experience for the entire team and hopefully motivation to do better next year.

seriously if we have to spend the next ~5 seasons hearing about how some player drafted in the 2nd round pans out in every damn thread...

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Outside of Severson and maybe Santini and Merrill our 2nd round picks have been garbage since Mike Commodore in 1999.

I'm not counting Boqvist or Bastian because who knows what they'll amount to at this point.

I'd rather trade our 2nds for solid players than draft another Gelinas. Burlon, Anderson, Hoeffell, Vasyunov. Frazee.... the list goes on

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Outside of Severson and maybe Santini and Merrill our 2nd round picks have been garbage since Mike Commodore in 1999.

I'm not counting Boqvist or Bastian because who knows what they'll amount to at this point.

I'd rather trade our 2nds for solid players than draft another Gelinas. Burlon, Anderson, Hoeffell, Vasyunov. Frazee.... the list goes on
Agreed. Despite him flaming out Gelinas is actually a 2nd round success story. People really overrate those picks, I think they have like a 25% chance of even reaching the NHL?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I mean, he was a late 2nd round pick and has played nearly 200 games in the NHL

I am not sure you understand the likelihood of that happening.

Meh, get me an impact player like Kucherov in the Top 60

Not the long list of duds Conte picked year after year like Gelinas

Unfortunately Bastian looks like another Chatham

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
*cue up post of someone drafted after him that played more games and use it as a scathing indictment of the devils*

Meh, get me an impact player like Kucherov in the Top 60

Not the long list of duds Conte picked year after year like Gelinas

Unfortunately Bastian looks like another Chatham

so close!

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Once in a while fellas, once in a while you should be able to strike gold in the 2nd/3rd rounds.

Not mediocre like Sevs/Santini, duds like Merrill/Gelinas/ or total whiffs like Hoeffel/Burlon/long list of etc

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Once in a while fellas, once in a while you should be able to strike gold in the 2nd/3rd rounds.

Not mediocre like Sevs/Santini, duds like Merrill/Gelinas/ or total whiffs like Hoeffel/Burlon/long list of etc

Severson is already a home run for a 2nd round pick. Santini looks like he will at least be an NHL player. I don't care about picks like Hoeffel and Burlon from over a decade ago.

hell, we struck gold with a SIXTH round pick already in Bratt. Wood was a 4th rounder. Coleman was a 3rd rounder.

Like I said, you will complain about anything and everything and tell us how you know better. The act gets tired.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

If only there was a certain HFDevils poster who knows all, a draft guru of sorts. You wouldn't happen to know someone?

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad