New Jersey Devils to draft #17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Yes, but we still could have had McAvoy if only that idiot Conte...oh wait.
I think we still had dreams of defensive grandeur with our existing crew back then. Either that or this is another example of why we should always go BPA.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Provorov was also horrible in the playoffs, FYI.

That simply isn't true. If you really watched him, he was quite good. He was playing injured today. I'm not bitter about not drafting him and I still like Zacha, but Provorov is absolutely a legitimate top pairing defenseman. He is the Flyers best Dman by miles.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Any time I see "Forward converted to D", I think of Gelinas and my left eye twitches a little bit. I'm surprised to see you consider Miller almost as good defensively as McIsaac already, especially only spending 2 years at the position. If that's the case, sign me up.
I think of John Carlson when I think of O converted to D, and my eye twitches! ; )

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I don't think we know that they didn't go BPA with Zacha though. It's impossible to know without knowing what our draft board looked like.

If Lou and Conte's draft board had Zacha over Provorov as BPA that is a huge f***ing problem. They should check themselves into a nursing home at that point.

They drafted Zacha for need and drafted the BPA at the position they needed the most. Even that was wrong.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
If Lou and Conte's draft board had Zacha over Provorov as BPA that is a huge ****ing problem. They should check themselves into a nursing home at that point.

They drafted Zacha for need and drafted the BPA at the position they needed the most. Even that was wrong.
Ya. I remember a lot of mock drafts had us grabbing Barzal at the time. I know I was hot to trot on him.

Born and Raised

Apr 22, 2018
I dont even know who the draft's players are because everyone is talking Zacha and Provorov...

Is this a forward or defenseman heavy draft round 1?

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
There were enough question marks with Zacha on draft day. He wasn't exactly a prolific scorer and many mentioned the old tools but not toolbox possibility.
I agree - BPA, always. But the Monday morning quarterback thing is dumb. If we had picked Scheifele or Couturier in '11, everyone would've melted down, including me. And Barzal and Provorov would've both had plenty of detractors.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
There were enough question marks with Zacha on draft day. He wasn't exactly a prolific scorer and many mentioned the old tools but not toolbox possibility.
I agree - BPA, always. But the Monday morning quarterback thing is dumb. If we had picked Scheifele or Couturier in '11, everyone would've melted down, including me. And Barzal and Provorov would've both had plenty of detractors.
I actually liked Couturier in 2011, before we won the Lotto.

Reactions: Oneiro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad