New Jersey Devils to draft #17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Canes winning does little for them. They need centers, the top of this draft has wingers and defensemen.

Obviously, they could trade a guy, but it's not like they are getting the next McDavid out of this draft. If they were getting an elite C, they would be set longterm as long as they get a half decent goalie.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
They could also tell us (in the nicest way possible) to get ****ed and enjoy their defensive juggernaut for ages to come tho by standing pat

Oh someone could easily just outbid us but they need to fill out their forwards more than their D obviously. They aren’t in a Predators situation either where they can fleece a GM for Forsberg and then make somehow get Ryan Johansson and Kyle Turris.

Necas has looked good playing with Zadina too so no matter what spot, the Canes are going to get much better.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Going through the NFL draft and I absolutely hate fan bases. They rip guys they've literally never even seen play or anything because of what some slob in his parents basement puts on Twitter or because they didn't go to a big school. It's much the same with the NHL draft. I hate it.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Canes winning does little for them. They need centers, the top of this draft has wingers and defensemen.

Obviously, they could trade a guy, but it's not like they are getting the next McDavid out of this draft. If they were getting an elite C, they would be set longterm as long as they get a half decent goalie.

I mean they don't need defensemen but if they win Dahlin that obviously does something big for them. He's a ridiculous prospect and would help any team tremendously.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
yeah.... carolina winning is sort of like when we won the lottery last year, except they're in way much better shape.

i feel bad for buffalo, so i think they should get the top pick hahaha.

but i agree, if carolina gets a D, then they might have expendable pieces...

I don't feel sorry for them at all and don't wish them any lottery luck. They tried to tank their way to McDavid and their fans were actively cheering for them to lose. Here is a game in late March between #29 Coyotes and #30 Sabres.

As far as I know, there isn't this many Coyotes fans in Buffalo....

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Rawly will get a great forward but Dahlin will finally make Buff a playoff team soon.
idk, i mean @Darkauron isn't wrong - wasn't eichel supposed to help them take a huge step forward? it didn't though.

if i'm botterill, i'm gauging the canes (or maybe the habs) interest in dahlin and seeing if they can bolster other desperately needed aspects of theirs. maybe.... hayden fleury+, or one of their other LDs, to swap draft picks?

Reactions: Darkauron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->