New Jersey Devils to draft #17

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
A player I've been watching make his way up the draft rankings in Swedish defenseman, Nils Lundkvist. He definitely seems like a player that Ray, Castron & company would like. Smart player, excellent skater (fantastic edgework), can move the puck up the ice really easily. I've seen him as high as 19 in some rankings, and he continues to rise. He's a little undersized (as in he needs to hit the gym), and it doesn't help his height that he has a wide, low skating stride so he looks shorter than 5'11" when he's on the ice....just a name to keep in mind

Yeah, I mentioned Lundqvist a few posts above. Legit top-4 upside. He's got some boom potential. We should note that he's a RHD, and that he needs a few years of physical development before reaching the NHL. But his upside is certainly notable.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Steve Kournianos has us taking Vitali Kravstov

Kravtsov is a very intriguing player, just had an eye-opening year. He projects to RW, an organizational need for certain, especially if Popugayev continues to stall. I agree with Kournianos that Kravtsov is a far better prospect than most pundits have credited him with being, but I don't know if the Devils take him at #17 if there is a potential top-pairing D available. While Kournianos is, in my eyes, the best draft writer out there, mock-drafting is not his top asset.

Reactions: My3Sons

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
this roald dahl guy from sweden is supposed to be pretty good

The guy who wrote BFG?

220px-The_BFG_%28Dahl_novel_-_cover_art%29.jpg

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Interesting prospect.

Crazy to see how much his production jumped in the post-season. I wonder why that is.
I think it's as simple as ice time, which makes him really intriguing. Feel like this is how you get top 10 talents in the back half of the first round.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Interesting prospect.

Crazy to see how much his production jumped in the post-season. I wonder why that is.

Kravtsov is seeing an increase in ice-time. Combine that with some better line-mates, and his incredible skill and you get the record-setter for total points and PPG pace for U20 skaters in KHL Post-season history

Reactions: StevenToddIves

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
The nhl could make it easier to find. Says it’s on at 7:30 but they are showing their normal crap... very deceiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->