GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Philadelphia Flyers: Toxic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Difference is that team actually had some offensive talent surrounding Kovy. This one not so much.

Ehh that’s debatable lol, although I suppose half that season shouldn’t even count.

Zajac was 3rd in points that year :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I almost for a minute this morning thought we lost 4-3 and I dreamed up the comeback.

It never even crossed my mind to make it personal nor will it ever.

Maybe not you but other people definitely would and that's one reason why I've never really liked players interacting with the fans on Twitter in anything but a controlled Q/A. Keith did well with his response and I'm not gonna lie most of us have the same criticisms of his play but I don't neccesarily want players reading all their criticisms on Twitter either, Twitter's worse than Facebook and message boards.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Maybe not you but other people definitely would and that's one reason why I've never really liked players interacting with the fans on Twitter in anything but a controlled Q/A. Keith did well with his response and I'm not gonna lie most of us have the same criticisms of his play but I don't neccesarily want players reading all their criticisms on Twitter either, Twitter's worse than Facebook and message boards.

Let's be a little bit reasonable here.

1. Twitter is an open platform, and this is KK's official Twitter page. It's not like Glen was trolling his private facebook account or something.
2. Glen's post was entirely about KK's play in net, it was not personal in any way.
3. KK could easily block, mute, or just ignore critics on Twitter if he wants.

I don't think there's anything wrong with what Glen did. I don't personally do this kind of thing because athletes like to remind their critics how small they are (which is essentially what KK's response was, it wasn't some amazing clapback). Remember when people were criticizing LBJ after the NBA finals in 2011 and he said something to the effect of "they have to go back to their crappy lives"? Yeah, I just don't need to hear that stuff, so I wouldn't open myself up to it.

Reactions: glenwo2

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
it’s extra hilarious that nico is positioning himself to be a flyer killer, given how the draft played out. he had an amazing game, it didn’t seem like he lost one faceoff.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Yep. Pretty much cements my next jersey purchase as an Adizero Hall (white). I also want a red Hischier. He's really been flying as well these last few games. Can't wait to see him next season after an off-season of bulking up.

It’d be ideal if he could stick around and have a summer like Zacha did before this season. PZ came out noticeably bigger.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Let's be a little bit reasonable here.

1. Twitter is an open platform, and this is KK's official Twitter page. It's not like Glen was trolling his private facebook account or something.
2. Glen's post was entirely about KK's play in net, it was not personal in any way.
3. KK could easily block, mute, or just ignore critics on Twitter if he wants.

I don't think there's anything wrong with what Glen did. I don't personally do this kind of thing because athletes like to remind their critics how small they are (which is essentially what KK's response was, it wasn't some amazing clapback). Remember when people were criticizing LBJ after the NBA finals in 2011 and he said something to the effect of "they have to go back to their crappy lives"? Yeah, I just don't need to hear that stuff, so I wouldn't open myself up to it.

of course he can do it, and at least he did it in a respectful way. it was still pretty cringey though

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
i mean i don’t think he’s been good enough but i think he’s trying his best i think it’s shitty for supposed fans to try and attack them on social media anonymously

Last edited:
Reactions: Tao Jones

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Was it not telling him something he's already aware of? Of course he knows he needs to be better.

Depending on how you look at things, though, if he didn't come up huge in the 3rd or OT, you're looking at either 1 or 0 points anyway. Certainly wasn't pretty, but we needed 2 points by any means necessary last night. Hopefully it starts to build something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad