GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Dallas Stars: Wow, Doge Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC107*

Clowe has been pretty decent. 3 points in 7 games since coming back. Really could use a goal or two, but otherwise pretty solid.

He's also registered a point in 2 games we won by one goal, and in the Philly game we lost in OT. You think we're bad now? Imagine this lineup without Clowe. Who the hell would be getting those points?

Not at $4.85 M for 5 years he isn't decent for what we get.

NC107*

Feels like we lost lol.

Exactly.

I kept waiting for a mistake from the Gionta line to let them tie it up and then we lose in OT or shoot out.

Why with so much at stake did DeBoer risk a loss by playing the Gionta line so much? He played the 4th line so little he over taxed the entire team, TOI.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not at $4.85 M for 5 years he isn't decent for what we get.

If he can get 40 points per season and stay reasonably healthy, he isn't that bad for that price. Certainly better than what Clarkson would provide, although Clarkson is certainly much less injury prone.

NC107*

If he can get 40 points per season and stay reasonably healthy, he isn't that bad for that price. Certainly better than what Clarkson would provide, although Clarkson is certainly much less injury prone.

That's a big if, IMO, 40 points a season for him? but I would agree it's not a bad price for that type of production per year for 5 years except IMO it just won't happen.

He needs 36 points in 37 games to get there this season. Do you think he will do it? Do you own a house? I am thinking of betting you.

I never thought he could deliver when he got that horrible contract from LOU, who was in panic signing mode, again.

BTW I don't blame Clowe I blame Lou for signing him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That's a big if, IMO, 40 points a season for him? but I would agree it's not a bad price for that type of production per year for 5 years except IMO it just won't happen.

He needs 36 points in 37 games to get there this season. Do you think he will do it? Do you own a house? I am thinking of betting you.

I never thought he could deliver when he got that horrible contract from LOU, who was in panic signing mode, again.

BTW I don't blame Clowe I blame Lou for signing him.

I'm talking about 40 points in an 82ish game season. No way he gets to 40 points this year.

NC107*

I'm talking about 40 points in an 82ish game season. No way he gets to 40 points this year.

The team will played play 82 games this season. So 40 points for him in 82 games is acceptable if he doesn't play 40 of those 82 games that's not acceptable by anyone's standards that's part of the reason the contract stunk for him.

This was a very bad signing by Lou and that is said by me not in hind sight.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Its not that bad at all

Hes playing fine.

I think he's been good. 7 points in 3 games since coming back from injury. Who else had 3 point over those 7 games? All I can think of are the guys that are on his line playing with him.

Would like to see him score a goal, but he's not worth complaining about.

If anything, Clowe has kept this forward lineup from being even more pathetic than it would have otherwise been. Can you imagine with this lineup would look like without Elias, Brunner, and Clowe?

BuiltLikeAnOx

Lou has dementia
Oct 22, 2013
the only one i can complain about right now is steve bernier he is just looking lost out there and clearly can't score a goal .. he gets the best chances on the team wide open nets etc and does nothing with it

not to mention that he is a -15 which is just terrible any way you look at it

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
the only one i can complain about right now is steve bernier he is just looking lost out there and clearly can't score a goal .. he gets the best chances on the team wide open nets etc and does nothing with it

not to mention that he is a -15 which is just terrible any way you look at it

He's definitely been space junk. Has created more points than he's been credited for this year, due to his screens on the power play and a couple at even strength. I can't think of the last time he's done that though. Has to be a month at least.

Lately he's been ass. Would be good on the 4th line, but I have a hard time believing this coach would throw him back on the 4th line.

BuiltLikeAnOx

Lou has dementia
Oct 22, 2013
He's definitely been space junk. Has created more points than he's been credited for this year, due to his screens on the power play and a couple at even strength. I can't think of the last time he's done that though. Has to be a month at least.

Lately he's been ass. Would be good on the 4th line, but I have a hard time believing this coach would throw him back on the 4th line.

Lou should trade him at the deadline. I think he is bad luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad