New Jersey Devils Best Forward (Right Now)

NJD Best Forward

• Nico Hischier

• Jack Hughes

• Jesper Bratt

• Other/Results

Results are only viewable after voting.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Right now there is only one answer.
Nico's line is the best in the league despite getting the heavier matchups, more Dzone starts than the Hughes/Bratt line.

If we talk about offensive potential, it's a different story.

Screenshot_20221121_225351_Chrome.jpg

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Right now, i'd say it's definitely Hischier. He's playing great 2-way hockey, highly productive, and he's doing it without the greatest linemates for the most part. Whereas Hughes-Bratt are kind of conflated. It feels like they both really share in driving that line.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Bratt is our best forward IMO, but Hischier has had the better season so far. Hughes will be our best forward going forward.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Nico is playing the best right now. He’s getting all the hard assignments and scoring at a 99 point pace. He is the definition of an “all around player”.

Jesper has played better than Jack so far, so I’d go him #2.

Jack has been heating up lately, is over a PPG, and IMO is the best out of the 3 long-term, but the other 2 have been better to-date.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Right now it’s Nico hands down
He's really been incredible, especially when you consider Bratt and Hughes spend a lot of time with each other at 5v5. Yet Hischier still leads the team in ES scoring with 17 ES points, while shutting down the opposition's best players.

That's not to take anything away from guys like Tatar and Zetterlund, but neither of those guys are Bratt or Hughes.

I fully expect Hughes to end up the team's leading scorer (and Bratt #2). But through 19 games Hischier has easily been our best forward. Marino is the only guy challenging him for best player.

BavelPure

Aug 24, 2005
All three can be the best player on any given night. Nico winning 58% of draws gives him the edge. Everything he does seems to have improved like 5% to make him elite. Skating, edges, FO, vision and especially shot are on a new level.

Bratt and Hughes together are one of the best duo's in the league. Two goals last night was them flying through the neutral zone, zipping the puck around and twisting the Edmonton D into knots. There's a highlight video somewhere on twitter with highlights of just them two and it's pretty incredible how they play together.

imMagnum

Jan 10, 2017
Hischier. He's been extremely dominant everywhere on the ice against the toughest matchups. He's been our best ES player while being fantastic on PK1 and PP1. Throw in his excellent faceoff and leadership abilities and Nico just does things that no other forward on this team can do.

I actually think he's the perfect complimentary piece for Hughes and Bratt. Hischier's elite 200ft play against the toughest matchups allows J+J to focus on their offense against favourable matchups.

As of now, Nico > Jack > Bratt. Jack slightly over Jesper because of Jack's excellent zone entries.

In the future... That's a real tough question. We know Jack has a high ceiling. Bratt exceeds expectations and gets better every year. Will they be better than Nico, who I don't even think has hit his ceiling yet? That's a big ask. I could see Jack develop an excellent defensive game and if that happens, holy hell what a player that would be. Future I'm going with Jack > Nico > Bratt.

Reactions: Xirik

RANDOMH3RO

Jan 19, 2007
To me, this season has been riding on Nico. Scoring at a career high rate, playing top line with tough match ups with Tatar and rookie zetterlund. Also on PP1 and PK1, taking a lot of the important draws and winning them at a rate that’s near the top of the league. His emergence has helped the entire team. Hughes and bratt can work their offensive magic on the second line, and don’t have to worry much about the defensive end of the rink.

Reactions: Xirik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad