New head coach

Oct 18, 2011
So I just read Murray's quotes and it's even more frustrating.

He acknowledges Getzlaf being over played, how the entire roster must be utilized, how the goalie covered alot of things up...and still he's keeping a coach who refuses to utilize every roster spot. The fact he has no expectations for the fourth line to help the team is ridiculous.

Gibson literally did save this guys job

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
There's no question that Carlyle's gonna stay on for another year. Too many excuses they could use:

- The Ducks were missing Mr. Selke Kesler for half the season
- We had Derek Grant and Chris Wagner as our 1C and 2C for the second quarter of the season
- Nobody played a full season
- Fowler got injured before the playoffs

Yadda yadda.

Called it. Sadly.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
So I just read Murray's quotes and it's even more frustrating.

He acknowledges Getzlaf being over played, how the entire roster must be utilized, how the goalie covered alot of things up...and still he's keeping a coach who refuses to utilize every roster spot. The fact he has no expectations for the fourth line to help the team is ridiculous.

Gibson literally did save this guys job

And he didn't even get a Vezina nod.

Yemeth

Feb 3, 2013
Zagreb
"I have adapted/changed" RC coaching style, somehow, reminds me of this movie clip:

Seems that the team needs to rebel again against him to get a new coach.

Reactions: DuckRogers10
Oct 18, 2011
I wonder if ownership didn't want to pay Randy not to coach, it makes no sense to essentially point out every flaw your coach has, and then keep him. Even worse it's laughable to have any expectation he will change when he's always coached the same way.

Making the playoffs does not mean he did a good job. The shot charts for our goalies in comparison to the good teams speak for themselves. You can make the argument Anaheim got the best goaltending in the league, what's going to happen if there's a regression?

This will end in a crash and burn next year, we've seen this movie already

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
I am confident this is on ownership. GMBM essentially gave the reasons Randy Carlyle should be let go. The samuelis are cheap, and have always indicated we wouldn’t be a cap team, especially when they sense we are not a true contender. While this isn’t a cap issue, My sense is they don’t want to pay two coaches for a roster they don’t believe is a coach away from contending.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I think it speaks more to the fact that ownership is happy with merely making the playoffs regularly. Advancing is a nice bonus but never worth spending extra to achieve. As long as the GM obtains ownership goals within the budget he is give, ownership has no interest in "meddling". A cup just isn't a priority/goal/objective to ownership. It would just be a nice little extra to stumble into.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think it speaks more to the fact that ownership is happy with merely making the playoffs regularly. Advancing is a nice bonus but never worth spending extra to achieve. As long as the GM obtains ownership goals within the budget he is give, ownership has no interest in "meddling". A cup just isn't a priority/goal/objective to ownership. It would just be a nice little extra to stumble into.
Henry's net worth is only $3.8 billion. Leave the poor guy alone

Last edited:

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Bob bullshitting on a level he did years back with his "we got some bullets that we're gonna use".

Exactly, been saying this for a while now.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Henry's net worth is only $3.8 billion. Leave the poor guy alone

It's not cash. And why should he lose money, we'll actually he does already, all the way? That is the problem with low market teams. If you can not live with it, a big market team may be the better choice.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
It's not cash. And why should he lose money, we'll actually he does already, all the way? That is the problem with low market teams. If you can not live with it, a big market team may be the better choice.

Samueli bought the team in 2005 for $70 million, it is now worth over $460 million. GTFO with this losing money argument.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Before we get sidetracked on Henry’s finances, my only point was that at this point in his ownership he should be willing to step in and make some executive hiring and firing decisions. The stupidity that came out of Bob should be cause to relive him of his duties, regardless of us being a budget team or not.

Carry on.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Before we get sidetracked on Henry’s finances, my only point was that at this point in his ownership he should be willing to step in and make some executive hiring and firing decisions. The stupidity that came out of Bob should be cause to relive him of his duties, regardless of us being a budget team or not.

Carry on.

That’s one interpretation. To me Bob’s comments read more like a guy who would change the coach if he could, but he does not have the approval from ownership to spend their money than simply a contradictory baffon. However, both scenarios are possible.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
That’s one interpretation. To me Bob’s comments read more like a guy who would change the coach if he could, but he does not have the approval from ownership to spend their money than simply a contradictory baffon. However, both scenarios are possible.

I don't think it's a matter of Henry not wanting to pay a fired coach. BM spends WAY more money on fringe players each year than 1 year of RC's salary could possibly cost. I honestly think it's a desperate play by BM to salvage his own job because he's been told he's not surviving to pick another coach.

ktulu98

Nov 24, 2005
slovakia
It seems that BM just wants to save his ass by not changing coach after 1y admitting that he was the one behind wrong decision...

im pissed of whole day when i imagine RC behind bench next year and ducks playing this stupid slow dumb and chase system

Last edited:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Well, you may be right. We’ll never know for sure what’s going on behind the scenes. And it really gets muddled by the fact that RC has some kind of an agreement to move upstairs after he stops coaching. So who knows what financial agreements actually exist.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I was obviously being sarcastic, but I'm not surprised you're telling me to be a fan of another team. You've done it multiple times now

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Is Samueli really Bob's boss? Isn't it Tim something? Who is the one to fire BM?
Technically Michael Schulman is Bob’s boss. But he is a business man like Henry as opposed to being a guy with a hockey background. But regardless, I see no reason why the owner can’t quietly make decisions to replace the GM. He’s been around long enough to impose his will in a legit hockey decision.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Anyone who watched Game 3 could see that this roster and this coach were not on the same page. What concerns me is beginning another season with that elephant in the room.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Acknowledge everything in interviews but something says me we will again see Getzlaf play 25 minutes and 4th line around 6-7. eh...

Maybe our hope is to suck right out of the gate and can Randy along the way?

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
I fully expect this team to have another horrible start to the season, and I could well see them turning it around -again- after RC will be sacked by Christmas. It happened before, I can definitely see it happening again.

With that being said, I do agree, sadly, that it very much appears as if ownership just isn't interested in winning it all if this means having to spend some more money. To the Samuelis, reaching the PO every year is a reasonable goal and everything else a nice extra. It just frustrates me that we literally pissed away the best years of two future Hall-of-Famers and a Hall-of-Very-Good player. Had the Samuelis been willing to spend to the cap year in and year out (and had Bob not made some completely stupid sigings in Boynton, Stoner, Bieksa et al), the Ducks might well be the Cali team with the most rings. '14, '15 and '17 could very well have been championship years for this franchise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad