New Gloves

hatrik22

Aug 4, 2005
I just got some new Bauer XXX gloves. My old gloves had the palms completely worn out, but i felt i could get a good grip on my stick. These new gloves are really slick on the palms, my bottom hand is constantly sliding around. Its really annoying, i almost want to just cut the palms out.

Any ideas on what i can do? Id rather not have to tape my whole stick.

Wachovia Center

Dec 2, 2006
Personally, I'd just put a little bit of tape on the shaft for a while until the gloves are broken in. Waxing sounds like a good alternative if you don't want to tape it.

greech

Jul 17, 2004
Boston
What kind of stick are you using? I have vapor xxx gloves and with a stick with a little grip (Sher Wood RM9) they feel great. I'd say candycane your stick; not too many options with your problem.

shorre

Jan 4, 2006
oakville , ontario
I just got some new Bauer XXX gloves. My old gloves had the palms completely worn out, but i felt i could get a good grip on my stick. These new gloves are really slick on the palms, my bottom hand is constantly sliding around. Its really annoying, i almost want to just cut the palms out.

Any ideas on what i can do? Id rather not have to tape my whole stick.

What i do to prevent the sliding is take the buttend of a stick that i have cut off.Then i just taped that whole buttend from top to bottom (i tape it around 3 times).Then i just rub that taped buttend up and down my shaft , sometimes it needs alittle pressure.Your shaft with become somewhat sticky, but it lasts alot longer then wax.Alot of pros do it , u may have notice blacks marks down their shaft at times.You can use either black ot white tape they both work well.If you dont want marks on your stick then use the white tape.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->