New forum software

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
The reason why it seems to open at "wrong spot" when jumping to message is the bar at the top of the page.

EDIT: Another little feature: when posting a reply that that is the first post on the next page (26th, 51st etc), at first it looks like it goes on previous page. Maybe that was also the case with previous software, though? Not exactly critical..

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
From users point of view it's a huge huge downgrade. Don't think anyone could say Xenforo is better than vbulletin. And it's not even close.

I guess admins were running out of money and had to change to a software that creates less load for servers and lines.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I have an idea. Can you guys make a button at the top of a page that will quick-scroll to the bottom of the page so you can actually post, or have a "Post New Message" button that takes you to a separate page. I don't like having to manually scroll to the bottom of the page to make a new post in the topic, and I have no desire to personally read every bloody post in a topic before responding to something, and I haven't seen any such button that allows me to do what I want.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I have an idea. Can you guys make a button at the top of a page that will quick-scroll to the bottom of the page so you can actually post, or have a "Post New Message" button that takes you to a separate page. I don't like having to manually scroll to the bottom of the page to make a new post in the topic, and I have no desire to personally read every bloody post in a topic before responding to something, and I haven't seen any such button that allows me to do what I want.

CTRL + 'END' is your friend, and is quicker than mousing over to click a button.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Most times when I come here I don't log in. In the old system, when I just lurked and didn't log in, as long as I left my browser open I could reload the main page and all thread titles that had a new comment would show up in bold face. I could be gone for two or three days, but as long as my browser was still open (even if my laptop was closed and in hibernation), I could just reload the main page and proceed from where I left off. That doesn't happen in this new system. It only bolds when you're logged in. When you're not logged in it's a complete guessing game. It's a pain in the ass.

Making matters worse, when you're not logged in, on the main page the times shown for last message are all ****ed up. Here's some examples from just now, just before I logged on:

Mark Stuart on unconditional (buyout) waivers -- Mortimer Snerd -- Today at 9:13 PM
Logan Stanley - Part III -- Daximus -- Today at 9:04 PM
Kyle Connor -- Skidooboy -- Today at 8:47 PM

It's showing times being four or five hours in the future. That's amateur show all the way.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Most times when I come here I don't log in. In the old system, when I just lurked and didn't log in, as long as I left my browser open I could reload the main page and all thread titles that had a new comment would show up in bold face. I could be gone for two or three days, but as long as my browser was still open (even if my laptop was closed and in hibernation), I could just reload the main page and proceed from where I left off. That doesn't happen in this new system. It only bolds when you're logged in. When you're not logged in it's a complete guessing game. It's a pain in the ass.

Making matters worse, when you're not logged in, on the main page the times shown for last message are all ****ed up. Here's some examples from just now, just before I logged on:

Mark Stuart on unconditional (buyout) waivers -- Mortimer Snerd -- Today at 9:13 PM
Logan Stanley - Part III -- Daximus -- Today at 9:04 PM
Kyle Connor -- Skidooboy -- Today at 8:47 PM

It's showing times being four or five hours in the future. That's amateur show all the way.

It's giving you UTC time when not logged in. Why it doesn't use your browsers time zone by default?

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
I must say all the 40+ Plenty of Fish, dating, local singles, etc... ads leads to interesting discussions with the wife who fails to comprehend I do not control your ad choices. Thank you for that.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Visually it's an upgrade functionally it's a mess. It's a massive memory leak in forum form. Causes sluggish performance across multiple devices.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Kudos to the worker bees. Lots of progress in the appearance. :thumbu: And I got my smilies back. :D

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I'm used to the new format already. My favorite feature is the fact that I can click on a thread title and go right to the first unread message.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Liking the fixes so far, especially the red bar that separates posts from each other. Keep up the good work, I might get used to this quicker than I thought!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Liking the fixes so far, especially the red bar that separates posts from each other. Keep up the good work, I might get used to this quicker than I thought!

Keep sending suggestions - we're listening! We've got over a decade of futzing with vBulletin that we need to catch up on / re-implement. At the end of the day, Xenforo will be worth it - far more capable, and far more interesting plugins available for it. Hang in there, and we'll smooth out the rough edges over time.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
One thing that needs to get fixed is when I delete text or typos it just randomly moves in front of the first word of the word I'm deleting.

This one is hard to explain...

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
@DudeWhereIsMakar : Are you on a tablet or touchscreen? If so, it's probably dragging/dropping the text to a different spot.
Yeah it's doing that, and no I'm on my computer.
I've also experienced this on a desktop.

When I reply to a post I'm not getting any icons for text formatting or adding a link or anything. Am I supposed to toggle something to activate that?
Preferences > Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
When I reply to a post I'm not getting any icons for text formatting or adding a link or anything. Am I supposed to toggle something to activate that?

I dislike that too, but I mean the notifications make it better, but to fix it I recommend making the box a different colour when you've posted or viewed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad