New Fantasy Draft - Just Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
All spots taken!

Hey,

I've decided after missing 3 weeks of the internet (freak thing) and being pushed out of Danrik's Draft because of my absence, I thought I'd create one of these on my own. I have no experience running one on my own, but I've participated in many fantasy drafts before and I think I can do it.

Now, since this is my first time running one and many of them barely get completed, I've decided my objective is make sure this thing gets finished. For this to happen, I've thought of a nice simple but also new way to start out with.

First things first, just like the title says, this will be a prospects only draft. If your thinking at this moment it'd be simplier to use NHL players instead your wrong, because prospects will work much better with my idea, and I'll tell you what I mean.

The bases of the draft is 12 rounds (6F, 4D, 1G, 1extra), snake draft (random.org for positions) and there will be 12 teams. With 12 teams and 12 rounds that makes for 144 prospects. First half should be easy, second half a little more harder with a little more thinking. Overall shouldn't be all that hard to do. Prospects will go by HockeysFuture standards, 65 games and under make a prospect.

Ok, so what's new about this? Your drafting twice, but the second time is the keeper. Why do this? I'll explain.

With the first round everyone will draft who they think is the next best prospect at there selection each round. You will not be drafting for your team in this round, your just making a list with the 11 other people to make the best top 144 prospects you guys can together.

After it's all completed you will then have a list of the top 144 prospects made by you guys to make your team. The list is there to influence you with your picks to possibly make it more comfortable on you to build your prospect team. The list should also help you in knowing what type of people you are up against. Use the list to the best of your ability. ;)

I also want to point out that everyone is expected to make honest selections when making the best top 144 prospects together. I would think it would be a lot better this way.

If you want to join just post below and name your team, first 11 to post joins. Also if you have any questions, ask away...

TEAMS
  • Kitchener Bees - Shadow
  • Portland Rosebuds - ORBluesFan
  • Vancouver Millionares - monster_bertuzzi
  • South Texas Tuskens - gonzopher
  • Victoria Cougars - jcorb58
  • Creston Valley Thundercats - thecanucker
  • Wetaskiwin Whinos - tylerr
  • Seattle Thunderbirds - woflen
  • Waterdown Warriors - golleafsgo_17
  • Burlington Gladiators - leafs_fan1001
  • Winnipeg Wildcats - randomcanuckfan
  • Burnaby Mountaineers - VanIslander

Last edited:

JohnnyRyall

Nov 2, 2004
... still not crystal clear on how this is gonna work (is it one "draft" of 12 rounds just to name the 144 eligible draftees? then 12 round of real picking? or something else?) ... but it sounds like fun, nevertheless ... so ...

the South Texas Tuskens would like to join the fray ...

EDIT: and I like the "drafting undrafted prospects" idea as well ...

Last edited:

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
You know I like the idea of drafting undrafted players, but only players 1987 born and older. After that I think it's just too young. Good suggestion, monster_bertuzzi.

And gonzopher, we do a first draft to make the best 144 prospects together, but you don't have to pick anyone from that list if you don't want to in the second draft, which is the real one. The list is just there to influence you in the best way you can use it.

Thanks for signing up guys, we got 8 more people to go... :)

Last edited:

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Alright, thanks guys.

Six more to go... :)

I hope we can get this thing started in a couple days.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
No problem.

In the first draft your not building your team, but helping to formulate a top 144 list with the other 11 teams, and this list is there to influence your picks in the second draft.

The way we make the top 144 prospects is each team will pick who they think is the next best prospect when there turn in up until we reach the point of number 144.

Hope that helps... ;)

Pulfy14

May 11, 2004
Shadow said:
No problem.

In the first draft your not building your team, but helping to formulate a top 144 list with the other 11 teams, and this list is there to influence your picks in the second draft.

The way we make the top 144 prospects is each team will pick who they think is the next best prospect when there turn in up until we reach the point of number 144.

Hope that helps... ;)
Okay so we just pick a player and there will be 12 top prospects that the 12 teams have chosen to help everyone?And do we pick players who arent drafted? Im sure ill figure it out Ill take the Burlington Ice Warriors. Imsorry with all the confusion.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
leafs_fan1001 said:
Okay so we just pick a player and there will be 12 top prospects that the 12 teams have chosen to help everyone?And do we pick players who arent drafted? Im sure ill figure it out Ill take the Burlington Ice Warriors. Imsorry with all the confusion.

It's all good. I am happy to answer your questions.

For your first question, yes that is exactly what were doing. Second question, yes were doing that too, but only players 1987 and older. I figure after that it's pretty much too young.

Glad you decided to join and you too golleafsgo_17.

Only two more to go!

I am thinking we could have this done by tonight and start tomorrow morning.

Pulfy14

May 11, 2004
okay thanks so much ill change my team name so theres not a mix up between waterdown and my team so if i can ill change it to Burlington Gladiators.

RandomCanuckFan

Jan 23, 2005
I'll be in as the Winnipeg Warriors if you have room left

edit - gah, didn't see there was already a "Warriors team...I'll change it to the Winnipeg Wildcats then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->