New Euros in CHL?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
David Kveton - Gatineau Olympiques QMJHL
Tomas Zaborsky - Saginaw Spirit OHL

Both are suppose to join the CHL this season.

KaptainKourage*

Juraj Mikus (Habs draftee) coming to Chicoutimi (Quebec).. not a big surprise becuz I think Carbo own a part of Chicoutimi team and he's Habs brand new coach so...

Like someone else said, Frolik goes to Rimouski. Except big 1st season for him

TheHoser

Jul 13, 2006
English Quebec
Juraj Mikus (Habs draftee) coming to Chicoutimi (Quebec).. not a big surprise becuz I think Carbo own a part of Chicoutimi team and he's Habs brand new coach so...

I'm interested to see what Mikus can do in a league that's practically built for him. The guy has talent and speed to burn. Expect big things.

hifk88

Nov 2, 2005
Helsinki
Juuso Puustinen- Kamloops Blazers (WHL)
Niko Snellman - Regina Pats (WHL)
Robert Nyholm - Kingston Frontenacs (OHL)

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Martin Latal (Q - PEI Rocket) should get plenty of ice time. Not sure if he'll have good linemates though.

Played on the same team as Frolik and Tlusty last year.

Sakaarnis

Dec 19, 2004
Bay of smokes
All 5 latvians drafted this year are expected to come:
Kaspars DaugaviņÅ¡, Toronto St. Michael's Majors
Krišs Grundmanis, Toronto St. Michael's Majors
Artūrs OzoliņÅ¡, Guelph Storm
Artūrs Kulda, Peterborough Petes
Kaspars Saulietis, Kelowna Rockets

Marco Corleone

Sep 6, 2004
Martin Latal (Q - PEI Rocket) should get plenty of ice time. Not sure if he'll have good linemates though.

Latal will have some pretty good linemates this season.

I expect Latal to play with David Laliberte and Guillaume Doucet.

Both respected scorers in the Q.

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
London Knights
ADAM HASANI
Position: LW/C
Height: 5’ 11”
Weight: 175 lbs
Date of Birth: June 3, 1989
Home town: Freibourg, Switzerland
ACQUIRED: 1st Round ( 58th Overall ) 2006 CHL Import Draft
NHL STATUS: Eligible in 2007

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
All 5 latvians drafted this year are expected to come:
Kaspars DaugaviņÅ¡, Toronto St. Michael's Majors
Krišs Grundmanis, Toronto St. Michael's Majors
Artūrs OzoliņÅ¡, Guelph Storm
Artūrs Kulda, Peterborough Petes
Kaspars Saulietis, Kelowna Rockets

Drafted both Kulda and Daugavins in my sim league, I'm hoping they have big season with Toronto and Petersborough. What can you tell me about both that I might not know? I know Daugavins is a scorer and plays the wing while Kulda is more of a stay-at-home dman... But aside from that I don't know much about them..

Sakaarnis

Dec 19, 2004
Bay of smokes
Drafted both Kulda and Daugavins in my sim league, I'm hoping they have big season with Toronto and Petersborough. What can you tell me about both that I might not know? I know Daugavins is a scorer and plays the wing while Kulda is more of a stay-at-home dman... But aside from that I don't know much about them..

Daugavins has all talent you need, has good wheels, but he aint phisical and have troubles at boards. If he works on his down sides, deffinately potential TOP6 forward. I dont know if he will do it ober at NA, but here hes very attractive and passionate. After every goal he scored at WJC18, he came to centre of ice and shot like an arrow into the air. Also, he wear white skates wich looks kinda funny.

Kulda is realy a good stay home D and is great playing one on one. Great shot from the slot, has a bit of offensive sense too from what i saw, especialy good in PP. Hes not overly talanted but works hard so i can see him making NHL at some point.

Also take a look at Kriss Grundmanis, a real hulk, great hands and good skater for his size. I see him as highest of all Latvians next year at NHL draft.

Sakaarnis

Dec 19, 2004
Bay of smokes
Latvia's future seems bright ;)

I wouldnt say bright, yet. Well so what comes out of Karsums and Sprukts who will have their chances this season to make impact in NHL. Also Bartulis and Darzins are progressing nicely + couple of guys mentioned earlier. But they all still have to show what they can. If that all go well, Latvia will be able to hold the level or even rise it abit in future.

P.S. Ive already said it, buti expect big things from 91 crop. Well see some of those guys at WJC18 in Sweden next year.

GBG BLEED BLUE

Jun 8, 2005
Saskatoon,Sask
www.whlfans.ca
The Saskatoon Blades selected Rastislav Konecny from Slovakia and Bohdan Visnak from the Czech Republic. I am thinking that both of these guys will come to the CHL and play. I am very excited to see what kind of players these two guys are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad