New ECHL team for Athens, GA ?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Are these supposed to be related? or two separate thoughts? because I have no idea how a change in ECHL affiliation would have anything to do with the sale of an AHL team.
responding to the rumor that Charlotte's the one relocating, @Atlantian, I've seen nor read no evidence that Florida has any intention of switching Charlotte out, if their intention is to stay on the East Coast based off why the Panthers left SA for Portland in 2015, before Portland was sold to different ownership and relocated to Springfield..

jabberoski

Aug 1, 2011
responding to the rumor that Charlotte's the one relocating, @Atlantian, I've seen nor read no evidence that Florida has any intention of switching Charlotte out, if their intention is to stay on the East Coast based off why the Panthers left SA for Portland in 2015, before Portland was sold to different ownership and relocated to Springfield..
:banghead:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
What do the Portland Pirates? And why do you keep bringing it up in every single comment?
HISTORY is why we have new posters here all the time, it is a misnomer to read as an example Florida's deal with the Everblades is a multi year deal.... when in fact the ECHL goes away from that wordphrase, that's the primary difference, if not the only one, which separates the AHL from the ECHL

• Wow
Reactions: Clinton Comets EHL

Checkers Hockey

Veni, vidi, vici
michael-jackson-popcorn.gif

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Guys, I've heard from a source that this in fact happening but that the team isn't going to be in Athens, GA but will be in Athens, Greece. There's a press release online but unfortunately it's all Greek to me.

• Wow
Reactions: Atlantian and JMCx4

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
ECHL has only confirmed Rio Rancho for 2023-24; and that hasn't been made official..... rumblings are now saying Athens may not begin before October 2024

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
ECHL has confirmed nothing that I have seen, only announcement was from the alleged ownership group. Where is the ECHL confirmation?

The ECHL hasn't confirmed it because it hasn't been approved by the Board of Governors yet. Until the BoG approves an expansion membership or the relocation of a membership, there's nothing for the league to confirm, really, because all that exists are the plans of the ownership group hoping to bring an ECHL membership to that market.

jabberoski

Aug 1, 2011
The ECHL hasn't confirmed it because it hasn't been approved by the Board of Governors yet. Until the BoG approves an expansion membership or the relocation of a membership, there's nothing for the league to confirm, really, because all that exists are the plans of the ownership group hoping to bring an ECHL membership to that market.
Yeah, that was exactly my point. I've given up trying to figure out Hutch at this point.

Reactions: wildcat48

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad