New Changes (If you can't log-in on the new system, please read)

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
The experience on mobile is worse. The UI is a lot noisier / harder to quickly see the threads and messages. Also, showing the posted date/time after the message (which can be long sometimes) is much worse as I would often look there first to orient myself and get to new content.

It loads MUCH quicker for me on mobile now, though. Silver lining.

Inglewood JACKets

Jan 11, 2011
Columbus, OH
For all you people using Chrome who are having issues with the whiteness of the new skin, people are saying this is a good solution.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/hfboards-software-update.2391629/page-3#post-136137781
IMG_20170928_172413.jpg

Reactions: Samkow

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
What time zone is showing up for when posts are being made? Seems goofy to me.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
What time zone is showing up for when posts are being made? Seems goofy to me.

Not quite sure what you mean. Is the time wrong for you? Could you send post a screenshot and let me know what it should say?

Last edited:

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I love this place so much!!!!!

It has just enough good stuff you that keeps you interested and curious about what is going to happen next.

Combined with all the stupidity. lunacy, craziness, characters, and surprises in the proper amount that keep you from just walking away permanently from the whole thing.

No wonder this feels like family.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Sam - Apparently before you log in it shows an old time but after you log in it reverts to the correct.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Sam - Apparently before you log in it shows an old time but after you log in it reverts to the correct.

Ah, that makes sense, I see the problem now.

Not gonna elaborate on this but trust me, you and everyone else is better off logged in. Less ads, regardless of whether you post or not.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Wow. Looking at this on a laptop screen for the first time (no external monitors) and WOW is it terrible. Unusable. Is there a way to hide that profile box in the top right that seems to be f***ing everything up?

Guess I need to go through the suggestions made in this thread. Jeepers, ma.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Wow. Looking at this on a laptop screen for the first time (no external monitors) and WOW is it terrible. Unusable. Is there a way to hide that profile box in the top right that seems to be ****ing everything up?

Guess I need to go through the suggestions made in this thread. Jeepers, ma.
That profile box can be removed by going to the front page and clicking on the button in the upper-right hand corner that looks like four lines.

Note that it is not the one that looks like four lines with the middle two indented which appears on every page. That's the Quick Navigation Menu. The "remove the profile box" button is only on the front page.

EDIT: Looks like this:
Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 10.39.24.png

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
That profile box can be removed by going to the front page and clicking on the button in the upper-right hand corner that looks like four lines.

Note that it is not the one that looks like four lines with the middle two indented which appears on every page. That's the Quick Navigation Menu. The "remove the profile box" button is only on the front page.

Thanks. I just installed the style theme Sam suggested and I'm back in business. I'll probably also do this just to be safe.

Sweet baby Jesus that was terrible, though.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Also - what's this "my ad blocker doesn't work here anymore" business?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Can someone please tell me how to multi-quote in this system? It tells me messages are toggling to multi-quote but I can’t remember how to get them all to appear.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
When using Android phone, how do I get the CBJ forum to open automatically rather than having to go through all of the menus to get to CBJ forum?

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Thank you. Bookmarking didn't work as I've tried that before. I got it to work by deleting and reinstalling the app. After that, while on CBJ forum there is an add to homepage from the three line drop down, which solved the matter.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Thank you. Bookmarking didn't work as I've tried that before. I got it to work by deleting and reinstalling the app. After that, while on CBJ forum there is an add to homepage from the three line drop down, which solved the matter.
What app are you using?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad