New Changes (If you can't log-in on the new system, please read)

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit

Guys, bear with us. This is a pretty big change, and we're working out the kinks, of which there are many.

If for some reason, you can't log on with this new system, please follow this link:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/index.php?misc/contact

Please include your preferred new registration email, your old registration email, and your username and you should get a password reset sent soon. If you can't remember your old registration email, please shoot me an email at [email protected]

-Sam

Last edited:

Privet

Sep 25, 2015
Victoria, BC
What does everyone think of the new layout? Personally I really dislike it and will take some time to get used to.

Privet

Sep 25, 2015
Victoria, BC
Thanks for merging, I didn't see :)

Edit: for me I think it is too white, too bright for my eyes :( i like the old grey look better.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Thanks for merging, I didn't see :)

Edit: for me I think it is too white, too bright for my eyes :( i like the old grey look better.

If you're using Firefox like I am, some of the other mods recommend using the Night Mode Add-On

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What does everyone think of the new layout? Personally I really dislike it and will take some time to get used to.
I wouldn't go so far as to say I dislike it, but it will definitely take some getting used to.

EDIT: I would also note that polls seem to be missing. Or, at least, the one that was in the Anderson thread has gone somewhere that I can't find.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
EDIT: I would also note that polls seem to be missing. Or, at least, the one that was in the Anderson thread has gone somewhere that I can't find.

The existing polls didn't survive the jump but the ability to make polls is still here.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
is there like a dark layout mod or like a way to do so in Chrome? way too bright for my liking

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
LOL, I work at a school, and cannot access the site due to our filters here prohibiting due to “adult oriented content”

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
LOL, I work at a school, and cannot access the site due to our filters here prohibiting due to “adult oriented content”

That's weird. I presume it's because of the new domain name but the parent site looks like a typical buzzfeed clone.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
It's a little different of course, but I don't mind the outlook of it thus far in my couple minutes of being on the site. Don't have any "real complaints". Nice job

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That's weird. I presume it's because of the new domain name but the parent site looks like a typical buzzfeed clone.
Getting the same effect here at the hospital. Apparently "mandatory.com" is associated with risque content. Isn't that nice of them.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Oh crap, there is a like button.....

Yes they need to change the background to something other than white, or allow us to do it. Odd, it doesn't seem that much different to me. There is the quote button and I'm using the quick reply function, it just looks different.

Overall it seems like a decent face-lift.

Really going to need an avatar now....

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Seeing more and more folks mention (via mobile posting) that workplace filters now block HFBoards because of the new association with "mandatory.com".

I'm beginning to think that CraveOnline kind of massively ****ed up there.

EDIT: Oh, hey, apparently mandatory.com was originally supposed to be "a site for guys". Gosh, I'm feeling so welcome now. :p:

Reactions: cbjlurker

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I actually like the change, I'm sure there's something I'll come across, but as far as posting goes everything seems pretty simple. Haven't tried posting any clips or links or anything yet though

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Is there a way to go from thread to thread based on most recent posts, like “previous post” or “next post”? If so, I missed it. It appears that one must return to the thread lists to move along. Is that correct?

parressh

Apr 29, 2009
Denver, CO
The experience on mobile is worse. The UI is a lot noisier / harder to quickly see the threads and messages. Also, showing the posted date/time after the message (which can be long sometimes) is much worse as I would often look there first to orient myself and get to new content.

Reactions: pete goegan

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Is there a way to go from thread to thread based on most recent posts, like “previous post” or “next post”? If so, I missed it. It appears that one must return to the thread lists to move along. Is that correct?

Pete, I just asked and nobody seems to be able to find anything similar to the "Next Post" feature, so yes, you probably have to go back to the thread list. It honestly may exist or it may be coming, I'll keep you all posted if it is.

The experience on mobile is worse. The UI is a lot noisier / harder to quickly see the threads and messages. Also, showing the posted date/time after the message (which can be long sometimes) is much worse as I would often look there first to orient myself and get to new content.

You're far from alone in this regard

New non-default skins that make browsing this place feel like staring into the sun will probably be one of the first things added.

Reactions: leesmith

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->