NewGuy

Jun 29, 2002
They're really nice ... yeah.
http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20050817/canada_76522.jpg
canada_76522.jpg

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/news_story.asp?id=133807

nikki9

Mar 19, 2005
I love Team Canada but those uniforms make them look like pansies!!!!

Verbal Kint*

Somebody at Hockey Canada needs to be shot. God those things are ugly.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
I thought they were just practice jerseys, we're going to get laughed off the ice wearing those things.

The socks, *** is the deal with the socks, the jersey is bad enough, but why make it even worse with those damn socks?

PLEASE change them before the Olympics, better yet, get rid of Nike as the suppliers for coming up with this travesty.

blamebettman*

The only thing missing is a wand, tutu, and some mascara.

How bad would team Canada look if the America and Russians came out sporting real uniforms and they're skating around the rink looking like homosexuals.

espo*

Whoever is responsible for this should be fired.They are f'in stupid.Who dreams up these ridiculous outfits?.

I'll go on record now saying that if we don't change them we have 0% chance of winning in Turin............i'm serious.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
cyclops said:
Whoever is responsible for this should be fired.They are f'in stupid.Who dreams up these ridiculous outfits?.

I'll go on record now saying that if we don't change them we have 0% chance of winning in Turin............i'm serious.

The article mentions that all teams at the Olympics will wear the same jerseys (just a difference in colour and logo I presume), as all international teams have their uniforms made by Nike.

Personally, I don't mind it. When Nike introduced its latest design of international soccer jerseys (Total 90), I remember I hated them, and there was a massive outcry from most soccer fans. They had weird strips, billiard ball numbers, and a tighter fit. However, I have grown to really like them, and I own a Holland one. I think this design will grow on people.

blamebettman*

Tricolore#20 said:
The article mentions that all teams at the Olympics will wear the same jerseys (just a difference in colour and logo I presume), as all international teams have their uniforms made by Nike.

Personally, I don't mind it. When Nike introduced its latest design of international soccer jerseys (Total 90), I remember I hated them, and there was a massive outcry from most soccer fans. They had weird strips, billiard ball numbers, and a tighter fit. However, I have grown to really like them, and I own a Holland one. I think this design will grow on people.

that's what they said about the cooperalls

I already sent nike some nasty emails, I suggest others do the same. start a petition, boycott, do something! don't let them get away with this.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
My EYES, my EYES! Good grief, I'm OK with the jersey but those darn socks; they're atrocious. I really hope other national team jerseys get the same treatment, else we'll be the laughing stock of the Olympics. Or maybe it's all part of a plan to blind or hypnotize the opponents with those socks.

espo*

Tricolore#20 said:

I'm sorry....it'll never happen.Though i am thankful to hear ALL the teams will be wearing their own variation of this ridiculous ensemble.You saved the day for me telling me that if your sources are correct..............God i hope so.

This new type of uniform looks completely stupid and will never work.Hockey ain't soccer.

espo*

blamebettman said:
that's what they said about the cooperalls

I already sent nike some nasty emails, I suggest others do the same. start a petition, boycott, do something! don't let them get away with this.
Right on man.......i'm with you all the way and will send a few (angry) ones off tommorow.

They are a disgusting and stupid excuse for a Hockey uniform.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
If you're sending Nike emails, may as well start sending Reebok ones as well. They are the ones who said they are designing spider man like jerseys for the NHL.

zamboni

Apr 25, 2003
Visit site
DAMN those are terrible. If you want to make them "more air resistant" fine, but atleast don't cheap out on the color. Not to mention the soccer socks. Damn...

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
I changed my mind.

At first I just didn't like them, not I feel they are horrid.

Nike, Reebok, please don't remove more of the tradition from our game.

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
hahaha in every photo, gagne (is that who it is?) looks like he's thinking "what the hell am i wearing?"

i don't like the form fitting jerseys myself. sure it makes them look like gladiators, but simon gagne ain't gonna win the tour de france any time soon so why change em. i also don't like how they took the horizontal stripes away. that's what gives a hockey jersey it's identity. you could plaster these jerseys on every olympic athlete and nobody would be able to tell which sports they played. they look too much like everything else. (cycling, football, soccer, etc...)

hopefully they'll go back to the oldies when they only sell a half dozen of em from here till february.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->