New Canada Olympic Jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Teemu

Aug 16, 2005
I have revised my opinion after seeing the red jerseys: the whole thing sucks.

I watched SportsCentre on TSN and the three or four players they talked to all thought the new unis were a complete joke.

blamebettman*

Players say new jerseys don't fit

http://www.canada.com/sports/hockey/story.html?id=2f509af5-6093-4cd1-8ef6-26971370f75d

New jerseys make fashion statement but players would rather they fit better

Jim Morris And Pierre Lebrun
Canadian Press

August 18, 2005

KELOWNA, B.C. (CP) - The new Team Canada jerseys, worn for the first time at the Olympic team orientation camp Thursday, may make a fashion statement but the players would rather have comfort over looks.

The players wore the Nike jerseys for one period during Thursday morning's scrimmage before changing back into the old sweaters. "It took four guys to try to put it on me at the start," said Vancouver Canuck forward Todd Bertuzzi.

"They couldn't quite get it on me over my stomach. They would look good with a pair jeans going to a bar maybe. I think they are going to have to fix them up for a few guys. We have a lot of big guys on this team."

Colorado's Alex Tanguay said being a smaller player his jersey fit fine, but there were some laughs in the dressing room as the players struggled to get into the new sweaters.

"We started looking at each other and looked at how sexy we looked," he laughed.

The new sweaters are supposed to be lighter and cooler.

"I didn't really notice," shrugged Dany Heatley of the Atlanta Thrashers. "If they say it's lighter, hopefully they can make it a little bit bigger and fit a little better."

Goaltender Marty Turco thought the forwards looked strange in them.

"They looked like video game guys," he said.

nikki9

Mar 19, 2005
I saw the red jerseys in person today and I thought to myself " Why are they wearing like 20 year old jerseys?" They look really stupid and Brad Richards looked absolutely hilarious in it, he's the one i noticed the most in it. By the second period they took them off and put on jerseys with their names on it instead.

Avery4Byng*

nikki9 said:
I saw the red jerseys in person today and I thought to myself " Why are they wearing like 20 year old jerseys?" They look really stupid and Brad Richards looked absolutely hilarious in it, he's the one i noticed the most in it. By the second period they took them off and put on jerseys with their names on it instead.

why was richards so funny?

Avery4Byng*

nikki9 said:
Were you there? Anyways, he was playing on my end of the ice and he just really stuck out for me.

naa i didnt get a chance to get down there, have to work weekdays :shakehead
didn't mean for it to sound offensive or anyhting, was just wondering thats all!

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Honus Joglund said:
It should also be noted for the people that didn't see the jerseys is 'action' on TV that there is another plain red line up the back of the socks.

Pretty much the same size as the one on the front but it's plain red, no design.

The red line up the back vertically travels the length of the sock. Thats what I was referring to when I said it looks like blood running out of their pants

Possible scenario....

"Dude, I think your ...ummm, time of month is here" :eek:

Verbal Kint*

As I said in the other thread, someone at Hockey Canada (and in the NHL head office if they're adopting these) needs to be shot.

facts

Aug 3, 2005
3 things here- if you saw the Sportsnet segment on these jersey last night it was quite funny. "All players said that they would have no problem wearing them in Turin" no kidding obviously the tourney is a [B]valued goal [/B] of most of these guys.
2 Did you see Foote and Regyher in those things - that was funny
3 Shane Doan's interview saying that he has actually seen Iggy wear one of those on the town- very funny

Macman

May 15, 2004
This could turn out to be a tremendous advantage for Canada. The other teams will be laughing so much at these new-fangled sausage casings, they'll be unable to play.

David Puddy

Nov 15, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
TheCoach said:
I don't have a problem with the "tightness" or the new material of the jerseys.

But the design sucks. They should have kept the old striping.
I'm with you. The socks are the stupidist looking thing I have ever seen. I am sure could go with the streamlined jerseys (no sense calling them sweaters anymore) while keeping a nice graphic design.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Qui Gon Dave said:
It's very simple: go faster stripes ;)

racing stripes, eh? hmmm, maybe some aerodynamically pointy bike racer helmets to go with that? ;)

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
I had reckoned it was about time to get a new Team Canada jersey, seeing as my present one is the '98 Nagano-era red. Looks like I'll have to wait another 4 years or so, and hope they do a better job on the next ones... :shakehead

McGuillicuddy

Sep 6, 2005
IMO it's all been downhill since Team Canada changed from this classic design:

tre_lemieux01.jpg

Now those were jerseys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->