NEW: Our Too Early Sharks' Off-Season Plan

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I generally like EP's content but Cam rubbed me the wrong way. Perhaps it's just my sensitivity to his being very "HFBoards" about his prospect loves (in love with smallish skilled wingers -- Perreault, Michkov, Benson -- and down on Smith... but excited about Luca, a small, hyper skilled D... and Parekh! of course)... he did come across, at least, as more talking head / surface-level than I hoped. More kind of "from the hip" claims based on opinion and observation rather than previous prospect conversations which were a bit more grounded in something, anything measurable.

Then again, the pro scouts and execs aren't out there on podcasts, they're currently heads down doing their jobs, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Still a nice job interviewing him and getting him to opine on the pipeline.
I'm done taking any of these internet scouts seriously. If they were good at this they would be working for a professional hockey team or scouting service. Since DWJr. no longer has hiring powers that won't be happening anytime soon.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
I'm done taking any of these internet scouts seriously. If they were good at this they would be working for a professional hockey team or scouting service. Since DWJr. no longer has hiring powers that won't be happening anytime soon.
Personally, I use internet scouts for information. I like to see their points of view and see if it matches my own. If I don’t see it, I move on. At the end of the day everyone has a bias, everyone has an eye, and everyone is wrong. As someone trying to get better at recognizing the patterns that make a successful prospect, the more data I can input the better.

But I see your point. They’re not professionals so their word isn’t gospel. Just data points.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Personally, I use internet scouts for information. I like to see their points of view and see if it matches my own. If I don’t see it, I move on. At the end of the day everyone has a bias, everyone has an eye, and everyone is wrong. As someone trying to get better at recognizing the patterns that make a successful prospect, the more data I can input the better.

But I see your point. They’re not professionals so their word isn’t gospel. Just data points.
This is a great attitude -- frankly I just like prospect evaluators that have some humility. The stronger the POV, or the less room for "ranges" and "I could be wrong," the less I trust. Cam came across as pretty clearly believing his own press, so to speak.

And the bandana

Reactions: Sandisfan

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
I don’t know what pointy haired has to do with things but yes. That interview felt like they had to walk on eggshells with Pierre because he’d randomly go off on some tangent.
it's a reference from a documentary on corporate office culture

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
not to monger for rumors, but what was Cam talking about with Musty's off-ice issues? i had never heard about those before

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Joshua, Carrier, DeMelo, Chatfield, and Debrusk are all great FA targets for me. I’d be happy with any of them. I’ve always had a weird feeling that Debrusk would be a Shark at some point.

Was the Will Smith news you were sitting on that he was going to the WC?

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Joshua, Carrier, DeMelo, Chatfield, and Debrusk are all great FA targets for me. I’d be happy with any of them. I’ve always had a weird feeling that Debrusk would be a Shark at some point.

I was in that same boat, that feeling that DeBrusk would be a shark someday.
I agree with them and you on these free agents.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Yep love the Chatfield and Debrusk calls.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

My mic switched to my webcam mic before we started recording, so enjoy me sounding like I'm in a bubble. Sigh.

Mayne worth looking into using voicemeeter banana. It's like a virtual audio mixer. Takes a little bit to figure it out but I have it set up to feed my mic audio back to me while I'm talking just so I know when it's actually picking up the right input device

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Short term deal for a f*** ton of money. Had a rough-ish year.
It would have to be a lot of money. I think the market for him this offseason will be huge. He's looked really good in these playoffs. Same with Duclair. Both will have their fair share of suitors and I can't see either wanting to waste their last prime years not chasing a cup.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
What are the projected lineups people are using when talking about adding FAs? Here's a list of internal options only using signed players or RFAs.

Forward:
Roster locks:

Eklund, Granlund, Zetterlund, Kunin, Sturm (that's a pretty short list lol)

In the mix:
Zadina, Graf, Bordeleau, Smith, Couture(if he can even play), Smith (if he signs), Bystedt, Edstrom (if he comes over), Cardwell, Gushchin, Studnicka

It's complicated:
Musty

Signed/RFA but I doubt they're even in consideration:
Coe, Wiesblatt, Robins, Russell, Todd, Sabourin, Peterson, Halttunen (back to Jrs.)

No:
Russell

Defense:
Roster Locks:

Vlasic, Ferraro, Rutta, Benning, Burroughs, Thrun

In the mix:
Emberson, Addison, Mukhamadullin, Furlong, Thompson

Knyzhov, Pulli, Guryev, Laroque

Goalies:
Roster locks:

Blackwood, Vanacek

In the mix:
Romanov, Chrona

Lineup:
Eklund-Granlund-Zetterlund
Kostin-___-Kunin
____-Sturm-_____
____-_____-_____

Ferraro-Emberson
Thrun-Ruutta
Vlasic-Benning

Blackwood
Vanacek

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
What are the projected lineups people are using when talking about adding FAs? Here's a list of internal options only using signed players or RFAs.

Forward:
Roster locks:

Eklund, Granlund, Zetterlund, Kunin, Sturm (that's a pretty short list lol)

In the mix:
Zadina, Graf, Bordeleau, Smith, Couture(if he can even play), Smith (if he signs), Bystedt, Edstrom (if he comes over), Cardwell, Gushchin, Studnicka

It's complicated:
Musty

Coe, Wiesblatt, Robins, Russell, Todd, Sabourin, Peterson, Halttunen (back to Jrs.)

No:
Russell

Defense:
Roster Locks:

Vlasic, Ferraro, Rutta, Benning, Burroughs, Thrun

In the mix:
Emberson, Addison, Mukhamadullin, Furlong, Thompson

Knyzhov, Pulli, Guryev, Laroque

Goalies:
Roster locks:

Blackwood, Vanacek

In the mix:
Romanov, Chrona

Lineup:
Eklund-Granlund-Zetterlund
Kostin-___-Kunin
____-Sturm-_____
____-_____-_____

Ferraro-Emberson
Thrun-Ruutta
Vlasic-Benning

Blackwood
Vanacek
I'd like to give Weisblatt an early look on the 4th line and just make a decision one way or another if he's got a future with the team. I'd also like to see if we can bring back Kaut from the Czech league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad