OT: New Board -- How Do I...?

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
One thing about these boards that you never saw on the old ones is spam. I've come across a few bot threads before the mods see them. So far not a huge deal, but hopefully it never becomes an issue.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Been a part of this board since Jesus was a carpenters' son. I've been using Firefox and ABP the entire time. I really don't understand what y'all are complaining about. Never seen an ad, and I don't plan on doing so either.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Those who have paying memberships: is the board slow/buggy for you too?

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Is the Spoiler feature working? tags entered manually...

The "Insert - Spoiler" feature still doesn't seem to work, though.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
When tweets get posted sometimes they're cut off and you have to click on it and go to the twitter site to see it.

Is there an option where you can just view the entire tweet and avoid leaving the site to see it?

ex.

yvJdH1W.png

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
Those who have paying memberships: is the board slow/buggy for you too?

Since it appears other people are having the same issue, anyone have a fix for the slow / buggy stuff?

Only site I go to that has any issue really, and there was no problems prior to the switch.

Now between getting signed out, slow loading, loading errors and straight up unresponsive tabs, it's become a pain to actually navigate the site recently.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Since it appears other people are having the same issue, anyone have a fix for the slow / buggy stuff?

Only site I go to that has any issue really, and there was no problems prior to the switch.

Now between getting signed out, slow loading, loading errors and straight up unresponsive tabs, it's become a pain to actually navigate the site recently.

I submitted a support ticket yesterday. I perused around and apparently, you can disable Javascript for this site and it'll make it run a lot smoother. I tested and it does, but it removes Rich BB text editor, doesn't load any gifs/tweets, etc.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I submitted a support ticket yesterday. I perused around and apparently, you can disable Javascript for this site and it'll make it run a lot smoother. I tested and it does, but it removes Rich BB text editor, doesn't load any gifs/tweets, etc.

I just disabled it to try and the forum is purring like a kitten now. Just goes to show how badly the auto-playing ads and all the other junk is interfering with the forum. Right after the migration I had none of these issues.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
has anyone gotten the bugginess out of the system using chrome?
chrome doesn't use java (at least I don't think), so I have no idea how to make it run faster
I literally type my posts in notepad and then paste them on to this page. It's the only way I've figured out how to halfway make this thing run.
if I can't figure out how to run this thing on chrome I think I'm unfortunately a goner. too much hassle.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
has anyone gotten the bugginess out of the system using chrome?
chrome doesn't use java (at least I don't think), so I have no idea how to make it run faster
I literally type my posts in notepad and then paste them on to this page. It's the only way I've figured out how to halfway make this thing run.
if I can't figure out how to run this thing on chrome I think I'm unfortunately a goner. too much hassle.

Chrome has JavaScript.

Just google how to disable it for this site, super easy. Or there's the paid sponsor option where it seems to be less buggy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->