OT: New Board -- How Do I...?

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
Apologies if I missed it explained somewhere.

Can anyone let me know how to change my signature? Or at the very least remove the old/current one. :laugh:

I've spent more time than I care to admit trying to figure it out tonight and can't for the life of me figure it out.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
@cody275 Yeah, sigs have long been a sponsorship perk, along with no ads. Idk if there are more to be added, as I'm not seeing a sponsorship perks page after a quick glance over at the moment.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
Ugh... Ok.

Thanks for the help. I'll learn to deal with the dead link as a sig for now I guess :laugh:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Anyone got the giant video ad that takes all the background of your screen and minimizes the board? You get like a mini board and a giant video in the background. It's gotta be a programming bug is it? Holy crap thats something else.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Is anyone else experiencing issues with the textbox? Whenever I hit backspace, instead of deleting the letter it jumps to a different place in the textbox.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Ugh... Ok.

Thanks for the help. I'll learn to deal with the dead link as a sig for now I guess :laugh:
I have sigs disabled so I didn't realize it was a broken attachment at first. Message an admin and they'll at least remove it, just might need to wait depending what's on their plate.

Anyone got the giant video ad that takes all the background of your screen and minimizes the board? You get like a mini board and a giant video in the background. It's gotta be a programming bug is it? Holy crap thats something else.
Use Contact Us in the footer to send them an ads complaint and include the standard: location, device, browser, company or product displayed, how it's a problem, pages affected, and screenshot (when possible).

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the textbox? Whenever I hit backspace, instead of deleting the letter it jumps to a different place in the textbox.
Yeah, on my desktop it's drag-dropping like a touchscreen when it shouldn't be in that box.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Is editing broken for you too? When I press it, I just get some sort of "loading/working" icon in the top right corner of the screen but I never get to edit my posts.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Weird, first I thought it was one of my ad/cookie blockers but even when I use a vanilla version of Microsoft Edge it just hangs when I try to edit.

Guess the man is out for me.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I don't know if it's already been posted but one thing I noticed is that if you selected another poster's portion of the text, the '+Quote / Reply' button pops up...Seems useful to quickly respond to a portion of a post.

Hope this helps. :)

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
This is unacceptable. My entire browser taken up by ads, every time I scroll the ads are engulfing the forums. I don't care if you want ad revenue.

upload_2017-10-6_8-32-6.png

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Ugh... Ok.

I feel you on the signature issues lol. Those you're is a little more annoying being a dead link.

And that ad is totally unacceptable. Total rubbish

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
wow, they figured out how to jam the ads in. if they keep this up I am done with the site. Terrible user experience. They are pushing content out of the way, and loading late which moves the page around.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
jkh fdsfkljsdlff dfs the test of the man
This is unacceptable. My entire browser taken up by ads, every time I scroll the ads are engulfing the forums. I don't care if you want ad revenue.

View attachment 78363

Download uBlock!

I haven't seen one ad on HFboards with it. I actually would turn uBlock off once in awhile for HFBoards to give them some ad revenue, but ever since they started doing full page banner ads/autoplaying videos it's not even a consideration for me.

Yeah, on my desktop it's drag-dropping like a touchscreen when it shouldn't be in that box.

I've been having to switch to BB Code Editor (which gives me a puke-yellow colored text box) to type properly. Starting to actually get annoying.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
That's it, I just got a pop-up video ad which took over the entire window and autoplayed. I'm not sure I can download uBlock on my work computer, I may grab a HTML editor I use for work and just modify the forum until it's all gone. At this point I'm almost going to label HFB as a security threat for work because of how crappy the ads are, surely one of them will be malicious eventually when you add junk like that.

If any admins are reading this, HFB has gone too far with the advertisements. Page loads take forever, the pages shift after loading, the advertisements are not even SFW, there's now 4 or more per page load and as shown earlier some are taking over the entire forum margins, others the entire page outright.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
@Lonewolfe2015 Use Contact Us in the footer to send them an ads complaint and include the standard: location, device, browser, company or product displayed, how it's a problem, pages affected, and screenshot (when possible). In theory, the more feedback they receive on particular problems should increase the priority of said fix. End-users just filtering problematic ads doesn't help resolve the greater issue.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/complaints-about-ads.2394835/

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
@Lonewolfe2015 Use Contact Us in the footer to send them an ads complaint and include the standard: location, device, browser, company or product displayed, how it's a problem, pages affected, and screenshot (when possible). In theory, the more feedback they receive on particular problems should increase the priority of said fix. End-users just filtering problematic ads doesn't help resolve the greater issue.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/complaints-about-ads.2394835/

Ah thanks, I checked the announcements forum earlier and didn't see that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->