New Bauer Concept Face Shield?

Smuckers

Apr 22, 2015
So after getting a new helmet (CCM V08) I thought I'd pick up a Bauer Concept 3 shield to give it a try. Unfortunately the holes are a bit too far apart on the helmet for me to screw the shield in place. I did find youtube clip on how you can jimmy it on some CCM helmets but it's not a true fit and it didn't work on my helmet.

I can see why Bauer would want to encourage buyers to go with a Bauer helmet but they are turning away an opportunity to sell to non-Bauer owners with their current shield.

So has anyone heard of when/if Bauer may be releasing a new Concept shield that will accommodate a wider range of helmets?

Rookie109

Mar 31, 2014
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Do yourself a favor and return that bubble and switch to the lightest cage in the world, the titanium Bauer ReAkt cage. I wore a full bubble for a year, than a teamate convinced me to go to a the ReAkt cage and I've never looked back.

The biggest benefits were way cooler / increased airflow compared to the bubble, looking down at the puck was much better through the cage. The bars are oval and as thin as it gets, amazing vision for a full cage. Money well spent!

This might be worth looking into, looks like a good combo which would be cooler than the full plastic bubble.
Boulder Hockey Shield Company – Don't Cage Your Vision. See Like A Pro, Play Better.

AIRAQ7

Jun 26, 2015
Soon...closer
I bought this bubble also. Not a fan of cages...and I've tried a few. I put in a Warrior bucket. Had to use a file to make it work. Took a bit of time but got it to work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->