Montreal
1. Jack Hughes, C (U17 - USNDP)
2. Ryan Suzuki, C (Barrie - OHL)
3. Alex Turcotte, C (U17 - USNDP)
4. Nolan Foote, LW (Kelowna - WHL)
5. Artemi Knyazev, D (Irbis - MHL)
6. Kirby Dach, C (Saskatoon - WHL)
7. Peyton Krebs, LW (Kootenay - WHL)
8. Tobias Bjornfot, D (Djurgardens - SuperElit)
9. Bowen Byram, D (Vancouver - WHL)
10. Dylan Cozens, C (Lethbridge - WHL)
11. Mikko Kokkonen, D (Jukurit - Liiga)
12. Kaapo Kakko, RW (TPS - Liiga)
13. Xavier Parent, C (Halifax - QMJHL)
14. Alex Vlasic, D (U17 - USNDP)
15. Samuel Poulin, C (Sherbrooke - QMJHL)
16. Valentin Nussbaumer, C (Biel-Bienne - NLA)
17. Alex Newhook, C (Victoria - BCHL)
18. Albin Grewe, RW (Djurgardens - SuperElit)
19. Dmitri Seshin, C (Magnitogorsk - MHL)
20. Victor Soderstrom, D (Brynas - SuperElit)
21. Marshall Warren, D (U17 - USNDP)
22. Cole Caulfield, RW (U17 - USNDP)
23. Daniil Antropov, RW (Oshawa - OHL)
24. Logan Barlage, C (Swift Current - WHL)
25. Case McCarthy, D (U17 - USNDP)
26. Sasha Mutala, RW (Tri-City - WHL)
27. Simon Holmstrom, RW (HV71 - SuperElit)
28. Nils Hoglander, LW (AIK -Allsvenskan)
29. Nathan Staios, D (Windsor - OHL)
30. Trevor Zegras, C (U17 - USNDP)
31. Tag Bertuzzi, (Guelph - OHL)

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I can’t take this seriously, especially when the 16 year old center who’s tearing up the QMJHL (Jakob Pelletier) with a point per game isn’t even on here. Kaako, Byram, Nuss are some of many that are way too low.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Only a year and a half away so NO...nit too early to discuss nhl 2019 draft ..
Hughes is going to go number 1

I think Kaarpo goes top 5 ..don't see Suzuki going 2nd overall. ..I like Turcotte , Byram , and Parent about 3 years ago was pegged as a possible number 1 overall .Now, I doubt he goes in the first round...too small and not posting numbers expected.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Kakko is too low. Kokkonen too high, I think he shouldn't even be in the 1st round. Anttoni Honka should be on the 1st round, maybe in the top 20.

It's never too early to make rankings though.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Kakko is too low. Kokkonen too high, I think he shouldn't even be in the 1st round. Anttoni Honka should be on the 1st round, maybe in the top 20.

It's never too early to make rankings though.
It’s never too early, unless they look like this one.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I have a feeling Newhook will be a top 3 pick. Suzuki top 15 for sure, not entirely to sure where he lands. Don't think Foote goes that high. Byram goes before Kynazev I think. There is no way Pelletier isn't a top 10 pick at this point. I also think given Cozens size and production he will likely be taken over Dach and Krebs at least at this point. I also don't think Kokkenen will be anywhere near a lottery pick. He's barely been producing in Finnish Juniors at this point and really hasn't torn up any international tournies to garner such a high pick. It's likely he continues to slide if he can't start putting up numbers.

Reactions: 99664987

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
QMJHL is a monster for this draft:

Jakob Pelletier
Raphael Lavoie
Brett Budgell
Samuel Poulin
Brooklyn Kalmikov
Alex Beaucage
Maxence Guenette
Noah Laaouan
Thomas Pelletier
Xavier Parent

I do not see Parent going 1st round....not sure how you left Pelletier and Lavoie out of 1st round....I personally think Budgell will be a potential 1st rounder by next year...Knyzaev is kind of falling IMO in this draft.

Outside of NHL not sure how Blake Murray is not in the 1st round...also Graeme Clarke, Arthur Kaliyev, Phillip Tomasino

Last edited:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Keep an eye on Blake Murray of the Sudbury wolves, he’s having an outstanding rookie season, as is Arthur Kaliev of the Hamilton bulldogs. They’re definitely farther ahead in development then some of the players listed.

Reactions: Jabs102501

Rsavage

Apr 19, 2018
I know it is super early, but a kid that was flying under the radar a bit because he was not in major junior was Kyle Bettens who was a Brandon Wheat King draft pick, but decided to stay back in midget to leave his NCAA options open. Since committed to NCAA Div 1 Bemidji State University and tore up the MB Midget AAA league. Broke organizational scoring record and won just about every major award, including MVP and Telus Cup top forward. Had a chance to see this kid at Team Canada U17 Camp in Calgary and he caught the eyes of a lot of scouts. Plus he's still only 16 and already 6'3 and nearly 200lbs. Not sure if he is USHL bound next year or not?

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
6'5" Brady Meyer and 6'4" Ryder Donovan played in the Hlinka this summer two years out which is rare. Also watched Meyer with Central Illinois in their last series against the USNTDP 17's and a good argument could be made that he looked to be the best prospect minus the move ups. Pretty dynamic player in all facets. Ben Brinkman is another Minnesota high school player that could crack the first round.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
6'5" Brady Meyer and 6'4" Ryder Donovan played in the Hlinka this summer two years out which is rare. Also watched Meyer with Central Illinois in their last series against the USNTDP 17's and a good argument could be made that he looked to be the best prospect minus the move ups. Pretty dynamic player in all facets. Ben Brinkman is another Minnesota high school player that could crack the first round.
I'll re-do this list after the draft

Ringo6

Apr 8, 2017
Maybe he fell off of the radar because he played in the ushl to start the year before joining the kitchener rangers in January. But Michael Vukojevic has been an absolute beast since joining the ohl. He has arguably been the beat 16 year old in the ohl playoffs. I have to think he is going to in the conversation

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->