Confirmed with Link: Nemeth claimed by COL

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Wonder if Nill attempted to get a low pick for him?

Hate to see him go to a division rival. I am sure he will be stoked to wreak havoc on the Stars 5-6 times this year.

Wonder if Curtis Mac gets picked?

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Wonder if Nill attempted to get a low pick for him?

Hate to see him go to a division rival. I am sure he will be stoked to wreak havoc on the Stars 5-6 times this year.

Wonder if Curtis Mac gets picked?

I imagine he tried for a pick, but which teams would be willing to give up even a 7th for a guy who couldn't stick as a regular NHL defenseman on one of the statistically worst NHL defenses last season, and still can't make the team so is now being sent to the AHL? Cheap depth is everywhere, solid top 4's are what's hard to find.

Duffeldof

Jun 28, 2014
Something I have learned while watching NHL and trades for few years is that theres always supply for bottom pairing/line guys. Right now Nemeth is 25yo, 4th pair Dman with potential for 3rd pair. Doesn't sound exciting.

masinaLFC

Apr 2, 2014
Banska Bystrica, SVK
I have always thought that he will be a solid player... I guess there's still a chance, but it is not an easy place to play defence right now in Colorado

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Coach says he will start in Top 4 there. TBH, Nemeth at his best could have been in the top 4 without that injury. We certainly thought so based on his short audition in 2015.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Too bad it didn't work for him here in Dallas, wish him the best of luck (just not against us).

Pretty crazy to think he is going from waivers, to become a Top 4 D for Colorado. This will be a good opportunity for him.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
Nemeth with a primary assist, almost scored jumping in on the rush, a couple of hits, and three block shots in 18+ minutes in their win tonight. Not a bad start.

Reactions: 21

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Nemeth with a primary assist, almost scored jumping in on the rush, a couple of hits, and three block shots in 18+ minutes in their win tonight. Not a bad start.

He's been quite good for us yes. Playing top 4, 3 assists through 4 games beside Barrie. Who knows if it'll continue but he's been looking great.

Though dealing with the type of Dmen we've had over the years, that's not hard.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Always though he never got a real chance in Dallas after his injury. Glad he's showing what he can do in Colorado now.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I'm sure the fight vs Seguin was nothing Nemeth had in mind or planned, it was in the heat of the of the game standing up for his team.

Respect though for Seguin trying to fight a bigger and stronger opponent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad