Needs help with these prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperTom

Sep 13, 2005
Steve Downie: I know about his grit, leadership skill and will to win, but what about offensive upside. I have seen hes been putting up some nice numbers in the ohl. I also wonder if there is any player you could compare him to. Is the 6c from HF a just rating on him.

Brent Burns: Don´t know if he qualifies as a prospect anymore but i still would like to know what kind of player he could turn out to. I also would like to know if he is playing as defenseman or as forward this season, i heard he was converted to forward and then started to play as defenceman again?

Thanks

:help: :help:

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
i read in the paper the other day, the wild plan on using him as a D-man in the future, right now he's been mostly a forward, due to need i guess.

But as a D-man he has a bright future, i really like him, big kid, who can move, good with the stick, nice shot. (top pairing upside)

As a forward I don't like him. Simple as that.

SniperTom

Sep 13, 2005
Thanks for the info on Burns. Anyone who could help me with Downie, please.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Downie is actually a very talented offensive player. He's got very very good one ice vision, coupled with excellent playmaking skills. His shot is average, but he picks his spots and works hard for his goals. His forechecking and aggressiveness lead to goals. He's also very strong along the boards and in the cycle. Overall a very intelligent offensive player. I think in the NHL, he's got the potential to a very good player. I look at his offensive potential to be on the same level as Mike Richards.

Burns, pretty much agree with the other guy who has answered in this thread so far. He's got way more potential as a defenseman. A lot of the Wild fans seem to be incredibly frustrated with the way that JL has handled him this year. At the beginning part of the year, I remember hearing the fans saying that Burns was basically playing like their best defenseman. And now has a forward, hes been playing sparingly, even a healthy scratch the other night. It's really, really mind boggling. I actually hope he gets traded or something, before they screw up his development, it's really angering me as a fan of Burns through his OHL days. As a defenseman, he definitely has first pairing potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->