Need info about few prospects, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Lukes is a small speedy winger in the AHL. Great attitude - but its not very likely he will make it IMO.

Jaspers is probably a minor-leaguer. Drafted with big junior numbers, they've tried him as a checker and he's not good enough at either at NHL level and seems to have regressed.

Koreis had a solid year in juniors. Should progress further in the AHL and turn into a useful third liner.. maybe 30 points.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Mike Zigomanis is a very talented player. Not big but not small.... scoring well int he AHL should crack Carolina this year or next. Could becomea top 3 liner depending on who he centers....

he played for the frontenacs he's got slick hands and can pass the puck... he lacks a bit on the defensive end of things...
hope this helps ya

CoupeStanley

Dec 1, 2003
Nicolet
coupestanley.com
Lapierre is a hardworking disturber..

I would be surprised if he ever rack up the point at the NHL level but IMO have a good chance of filling is potential. He will become a Ian Laperriere type of player

kolanos

Nov 7, 2003
Foster is still dealing with his abdominal injury, with his development stalled so long an NHL career is unlikely at this point. Loads of talent, but the injury is likely an NHL career ender. If it weren't for the injury he'd probably be playing for the Devils already, pretty much a point-per-game player or better in every league he's played in -- even in short spurts due to his abdomen. Frustrating situation, I think a number of Devils fans still hold out hope but it doesn't look good. Someone might have more up-to-date progress on the injury.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Matt Carle is a defenseman with the reigning national champion Denver Pioneers. He also played with Team USA in Finland winning the gold.

I saw several DU games throughout the season and I can tell you Carle is an absolutely phenonmenal defenseman. He had a slow start to his freshman season (03-04) and battled an injury, but after all that he got better and better and had a strong finish. He played much of the season with Ryan Caldwell and the two played very well together. With Caldwell graduating last month, Carle will likely be the Pioneers' top go-to Dman (or at the very least one of them).

Carle is an excellent skater, smartwith good vision. He's got great puck-skills but I personally would like to see him shoot the biscuit a bit more. He's got good hard shot and can QB the PP. He's very sound defensively, rarely loses his man. He doesn't have a problem in transitioning. Aside from shooting the puck more, about the only other area about Carle that IMO could use improvement is being more physical. He can deliver some very good hits, but could stand to lay more often.

leafaholix*

Ian White is a small defenseman with good wheels and a wicked shot.

He's coming off an injury plagued season, but ended the hockey season with Toronto's AHL affiliate, St. John's. He had 4 assists in 8 games, a +2, and 20 shots on goal.

Watch for him to have a very nice season in the AHL in 2004/05.

I think he's got an NHL future, possibly as a #5/6 defenseman that QB's the powerplay. He's been compared to New Jersey's Brian Rafalski.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
LittlePenguin66 said:
Thanks for the information!!

what about Hemingway??

Well I saw Hemingway when he was at UNH, so what I can give you on him would be based on what I saw of him while at UNH. If you want to know, how he's doing at the AHL level, you might be better off asking someone who follows the Worcester Ice Cats. I believe that's who he's playing for right now.

Barney Stinson76

Jul 24, 2002
Austria
Visit site
Oilers Chick said:
Well I saw Hemingway when he was at UNH, so what I can give you on him would be based on what I saw of him while at UNH. If you want to know, how he's doing at the AHL level, you might be better off asking someone who follows the Worcester Ice Cats. I believe that's who he's playing for right now.

Thanks!
On the Blues board one say he is a second liner the next one he´s a bust so i really don´t know!
I picked him up in a keepers league(minor league roster) and was hoping to get here some information!
I live in Austria so I never saw someone play in real and all i know about hockey is to read about them!

BTW Oilers Chick or someone else do you have some information about Gorges??
Is he better than White,Dicaire,Carle?

Who would you list them?

Here is my whole roster!
What do you think about them?
Should I dump some of these prospects??

F -- Rostislav Olesz
F -- Alexander Radulov
F -- Igor Grigorenko
F -- Ryan Getzlaf
F -- Hugh Jessiman
F -- Matt Foy
F -- Eric Nystrom