Need help-IMG or Octagon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
I would choose IMG. They have a far more impressive list of clients and are responsible for many benchmark contracts. Their work in securring marketing partners for product endorsements is second to none.

And with IMG's worldwide reach into the entertainment business, should I desire to record and distribute a Rap Album, or embark upon a Bollywood movie career, their multi-capable team of dedicated professionals would work tirelessly on my behalf.

QQQ

Dec 15, 2003
Does it matter who I am? :) Who are you?

What if Bollywood and RAP aren't your strong suits?

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I think IMG represents Maria Sharipova. Might be worth it just for the Christmas party.

I cant help but think you are checking for agents on these boards. I know many find it inconceivable that just ordinary fans with no self interest in the issue could be against a salary cap.

When Elias got burned by a tough negotiator in Lou, he said I'll make sure im properly represented next time - he got Gandler. Or maybe that was just to raise Lou's blood pressure.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
QQQ said:
Does it matter who I am? :) Who are you?

What if Bollywood and RAP aren't your strong suits?

To comment if you're looking for an agent you want to go with somebody capable of handling you (or your sons) needs. A big firm is nice but will they even pay attention to the needs of the player while he's young?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Bicycle Repairman said:
I would choose IMG. They have a far more impressive list of clients and are responsible for many benchmark contracts. Their work in securring marketing partners for product endorsements is second to none.

And with IMG's worldwide reach into the entertainment business, should I desire to record and distribute a Rap Album, or embark upon a Bollywood movie career, their multi-capable team of dedicated professionals would work tirelessly on my behalf.

LOL. Did you get that off a glossy IMG brochure?

QQQ

Dec 15, 2003
Schlep Rock said:
To comment if you're looking for an agent you want to go with somebody capable of handling you (or your sons) needs. A big firm is nice but will they even pay attention to the needs of the player while he's young?

Thanks Schlep.
So what do you base your decision on as there can be only one?

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
QQQ said:
Thanks Schlep.
So what do you base your decision on as there can be only one?

If you have a superstar potential, you will be approach by the main agency representatives: Brisson ( IMG), Meehan and so on.

If you have not a great potential, you won't be approach.

In any case, you should select the firm based on:

- comments you will receive from other clients of the firms
- the personal values and goals you are sharing with the firm
- the personnal contact you felt with the firm's representative with whom you be in contact regularly
- the non-monetary things they are offering you personnal trainer, summer camps, media, support of any kind.

The money offered by the firrms should not be the first criteria.

Good luck!

Tom_Benjamin

Sep 8, 2003
www.canuckscorner.com
paul99 said:
If you have a superstar potential, you will be approach by the main agency representatives: Brisson ( IMG), Meehan and so on.

This is absolutely right. If the player is searching for an agent, he isn't good enough. Every decent 15 and 16 year old player is fielding dozens of letters from agents.

I was involved in a court case with a 16 year old who was suing a doctor for malpractice and claiming damages for a lost NHL career. One of the salient facts of the case was that the kid was not approached by an agent before he had his accident. He was good, but not good enough that any agent or agency was willing to invest time and money in him.

About 20 genuine NHL careers will result from the best 3,000 16 year olds in Canada. We are talking super long odds for almost everyone.

The money offered by the firms should not be the first criteria.

It shouldn't be, but there is a real problem in this regard in my opinion. One agency tells he kid he will be a star and they will make him a gazillion dollars. Another agency provides a more realistic assessment. Where does the kid go?

Tom

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
Tom_Benjamin said:
It shouldn't be, but there is a real problem in this regard in my opinion. One agency tells he kid he will be a star and they will make him a gazillion dollars. Another agency provides a more realistic assessment. Where does the kid go?

Tom

By « money », I did mean either the money offered by some agencies to the 14/15-year-old kids or parents for studies, etc or the percentage asked for services. It should notbe the first criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->