Need help for 2005 prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Okay, I am the director of the draft in a sim league and I do a little column about the top 10 players for next year draft. Here is my top 10:

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Gilbert Brule
3. Jack Johnson
4. Bobby Ryan
5. Alex Bourret
6. Tuukka Rask
7. Guillaume Latendresse
8. Benoit Pouliot
9. Marek Zagrapan
10. Jakub Kindl

What I need is some comparision of these guys. Most GMs in the league doesn't know these prospects at all so it is good to compare them to NHL players. Here are mine so far:

Crosby--Forsberg
Brule--Yzerman
Johnson--Stevens
Bourret--Morrow (don't like that one but can't find another)
Zagrapan--Zhamnov
Kindl--Malakhov (don't like that one either)

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
markov` said:
Okay, I am the director of the draft in a sim league and I do a little column about the top 10 players for next year draft. Here is my top 10:

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Gilbert Brule
3. Jack Johnson
4. Bobby Ryan
5. Alex Bourret
6. Tuukka Rask
7. Guillaume Latendresse
8. Benoit Pouliot
9. Marek Zagrapan
10. Jakub Kindl

What I need is some comparision of these guys. Most GMs in the league doesn't know these prospects at all so it is good to compare them to NHL players. Here are mine so far:

Crosby--Forsberg
Brule--Yzerman
Johnson--Stevens
Bourret--Morrow (don't like that one but can't find another)
Zagrapan--Zhamnov
Kindl--Malakhov (don't like that one either)

Alex Bourret - A more offensive Claude Lemieux

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
markov` said:
I got another one, which is very good I think...

Pouliot-Daze? What do you think?

Seeing Pouliot play frequently, I'm not a huge fan of this comparison. He has good puck skills and skating but isnt as physical. Pouliot perhaps to a lesser Ilya Kovalchuk.

Old Hickory

markov` said:
Johnson--Stevens

Johnson is closer to Pronger or Leetch than Stevens. He is a complete defenseman, he plays on PP and PK.

Last edited by a moderator:

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Andrew_11 said:
Seeing Pouliot play frequently, I'm not a huge fan of this comparison. He has good puck skills and skating but isnt as physical. Pouliot perhaps to a lesser Ilya Kovalchuk.

Dazé is physical???

:lol:

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Andrew_11 said:

Kovalchuk is more physical than Daze...I would think the Daze comparison is about right IMO.

I think you might have a hard time comparing Bourrett to someone...except Theo Fleury I would think (except taller)

Last edited:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
kingsjohn said:
Johnson is closer to Pronger or Leetch than Stevens. He is a complete defenseman, he plays on PP and PK.

Stevens was about as complete as you get in his prime. He scored more than 60 points five times, including 20 goals one year. The comparison may not be a bad one, although Johnson may skate a bit better, but will never the physically intimidating presence Stevens was.

Another comparison for Johnson might be Brad Stuart, or a bigger Chelios.

Old Hickory

Dr.Sens(e) said:
Stevens was about as complete as you get in his prime. He scored more than 60 points five times, including 20 goals one year. The comparison may not be a bad one, although Johnson may skate a bit better, but will never the physically intimidating presence Stevens was.
I totally agree.
I was comparing players from today. When most people think Stevens they think of crushing checks, not a 20 goal scorer

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
scoutman1 said:
Kovalchuk is more physical than Daze...I would think the Daze comparison is about right IMO.

I think you might have a hard time comparing Bourrett to someone...except Theo Fleury I would think (except taller)

Frankly I don't think Bourret is any taller than Theo. But that's just my guess from seeing Bourret out back of the locker room area, and its an approximation. Bourret is a thick guy, but I would ESTIMATE that anything above 5'8" is being generous.

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Matt MacInnis said:
Frankly I don't think Bourret is any taller than Theo. But that's just my guess from seeing Bourret out back of the locker room area, and its an approximation. Bourret is a thick guy, but I would ESTIMATE that anything above 5'8" is being generous.
I bet to Bobby Ryan he looks about 6'20" :speechles

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I'm not sure what your point is.

I'm not saying that Bourret isn't a physical force or that he is not a great prospect.

I'm saying he is short. What does one big hit (that you're pointing out, obviously Bourret is a great hitter) have to do with his height?

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
So,

1. Sidney Crosby--Peter Forsberg
2. Gilbert Brule--Steve Yzerman
3. Jack Johnson--Chris Pronger
4. Bobby Ryan--Rick Nash
5. Alex Bourret--Theo Fleury
6. Tuukka Rask--Mika Noronen
7. Guillaume Latendresse--Bill Guerin
8. Benoit Pouliot--Eric Daze
9. Marek Zagrapan--Alex Zhamnov
10. Jakub Kindl--Tomas Kaberle

Someone have better ones?

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
markov` said:
So,
10. Jakub Kindl--Tomas Kaberle

I really don't like this one. I don't think Kindl is that good of a PP quarterback. My comparision for him would be Ossi Vaananen. Solid defensively, decent skater but limited offensive potential.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Chipchura said:
I really don't like this one. I don't think Kindl is that good of a PP quarterback. My comparision for him would be Ossi Vaananen. Solid defensively, decent skater but limited offensive potential.

Kindl is very very skilled in my opinion. Great puck control, good skater and thinks the game well.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
markov` said:
Kindl is very very skilled in my opinion. Great puck control, good skater and thinks the game well.

Oh, absolutely... not questionning that. But one thing I can tell you from the two games I have seen him play, he may be very skilled, but he sure didn't look like the type of d-man who'll make an end-to-end rush or score many goals on the PP. His stats are also questionnable, as he has less points than Ryan Parent, while playing on a much better team. Parent is known to be a stay-at-home blueliner, so I wonder what Kindl is? Is he just a raw talent waiting to have an offensive production breakout? We'll see, but I doubt it personally. His teammate in Kitchener, Matt Lashoff, is more of an offensive blueliner.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
From what I've seen, Kindl would be comparable to a guy like Filip Kuba. Big, smooth, smart defensive defender. Has nice skills, but not much of an offensive mentality. Strong but no mean streak.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Matt MacInnis said:

well to my estimate Fleury was probably less then 5'6 as well. To me Bourrett is no taller than 5'09, I am 5'10 myself and standing by him when he comes to town I would say he is a good inch or two smaller than me so you are probably right....around 5'08ish 5'09ish.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
MS said:
From what I've seen, Kindl would be comparable to a guy like Filip Kuba. Big, smooth, smart defensive defender. Has nice skills, but not much of an offensive mentality. Strong but no mean streak.

You got it. Kuba is the comparision I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->