Player Discussion Neal Pionk

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If Smith does end up getting sent down and Staal isn’t back, our 6 D are McDonagh, Skjei, Holden, DeAngelo, Kampfer, and Pionk.

3 lefties and 3 righties. Which begs the question: are they planning on moving Holden off the first pair? None of the 3 RHDs play the left side to my knowledge.

Or maybe we will get another call-up after Smith gets sent down?

In the spirit of rebuilding, I’d love to see

McDonagh-DeAngelo
Skjei-Pionk
Graves-Holden

Just to see where we are with those guys.

One of Holden Kampfer is likely gone re 3rd pair, but in principle I would not be opposed to also see McD with Pionk and Skjei with ADA.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Guy sucks this year. I know he’s injured, but his game has slowed down tremendously, and he’s been banged up over the years. Sell while we still can.

Youth. Youth. Youth.

He's also on a garbage team and system, playing with the f***ing joker over here in Nick Holden. But he has been pretty bad, so I do agree mostly. I'd still like to see a non-injured McD play with a guy who can move the puck though.

Igor Shestyorkin

Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
I've said it before, but the only way I definitively look to deal McDonagh is if we land the 1st pick(and proceed to take Dahlin, of course).

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I've said it before, but the only way I definitively look to deal McDonagh is if we land the 1st pick(and proceed to take Dahlin, of course).
Now, I take it you realize that there's no guarantee this team will take Dahlin even if we have the first overall. This team has been monumentally STUPID when it comes to picks in the 1st round.

Igor Shestyorkin

Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Now, I take it you realize that there's no guarantee this team will take Dahlin even if we have the first overall. This team has been monumentally STUPID when it comes to picks in the 1st round.

Sorry but they'd take him. You can be monumentally stupid with picks, but you cannot be THAT monumentally stupid with your picks.

Especially if they traded McDonagh before the draft, that gives them all the more incentive to take Dahlin if they had 1st pick.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Aside from McIlrath, who else?

I don't think we had a bad pick in the 1st aside from McIlrath. For where they were picked, we have done a solid job drafting Staal, Del Zotto, Kreider, Miller and Skjei.

It is too early to tell with Andersson and Chytil but both are looking like really good prospects. If you go further back than Staal, you get guys like Jessiman, Sanguinetti, Korpikoski, Montoya etc which are bad, but I don't think we should go that far back. Every team has their flaws if you go back 15-20 years.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Sorry but they'd take him. You can be monumentally stupid with picks, but you cannot be THAT monumentally stupid with your picks.

Especially if they traded McDonagh before the draft, that gives them all the more incentive to take Dahlin if they had 1st pick.
I sure hope you are right about that.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

They had 3 bad first rounds in a 5 year span and have had 2 bad first rounds in the 9 first rounds they’ve picked in since then. With a different organizational philosophy and scouting staff. I wouldn’t project anything from those three years into the current time.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
@ the subject, however:

Pionk really pissed me off last night. As in, pissed that he hasn't been up here all year. Guy was composed and calm with the puck and really impressed me. I hope he can do it over the next number of games consistently.

Reactions: Off Sides

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
@ the subject, however:

Pionk really pissed me off last night. As in, pissed that he hasn't been up here all year. Guy was composed and calm with the puck and really impressed me. I hope he can do it over the next number of games consistently.

I was pleasantly surprised at the calmness.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
@ the subject, however:

Agreed. He clearly deserved his shot earlier than this.

Reactions: Off Sides
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->