Player Discussion Neal Pionk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
What is this guy's expected value? Anchoring a middle pair?

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
A close friend of mine is at a bar in the city right now with Pionk, Gilmour and Spooner. Got videos of her with them.

Pionk!

These guys are awesome. Haha

I'd be extremely wierded out if someone put vids or pics of me on a random internet forum without asking me. If she knows then of course that's completely cool. Make sure your friend is cool with it bc if it gets back to her it could go extremely badly. You'd think "Ah she put it on social media, she wouldn't care." But there's a huge line between posting it yourself for people you know vs someone you know taking it and showing it to a ton of strangers. Seen it happen before.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I'd be extremely wierded out if someone put vids or pics of me on a random internet forum without asking me. If she knows then of course that's completely cool. Make sure your friend is cool with it bc if it gets back to her it could go extremely badly. You'd think "Ah she put it on social media, she wouldn't care." But there's a huge line between posting it yourself for people you know vs someone you know taking it and showing it to a ton of strangers. Seen it happen before.

She’s my close friend, and the vids were posted on her social media. Agree and appreciate the concern though.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Do you think he has the upside of an Anton Stralman role?
Yeah I definitely do. From what I saw before the season, the little I saw in Hartford, what I've seen in NY, and all the reports I've read, I definitely think he has that kind of ability. He's just a really well-rounded player who doesn't have any major deficiencies to his game.

Reactions: belford222 and Ola

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Pionk is a solid all around defenseman if we had 5 of those guys to go with 1 offensive minded stud wed be good. I hope Rykov and Lindgren are like him. If we could find another young Girardi and Staal I would be ecstatic. I value those guys a lot more than offensive dmen. They can shut down offenses. I believe the forwards should drive the offense.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
A close friend of mine is at a bar in the city right now with Pionk, Gilmour and Spooner. Got videos of her with them.

Pionk!

These guys are awesome. Haha

That's awesome.

Side note, your friends are attractive ;)

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
You know, most of us would say these recent games are meaningless (NHL standings wise) and I know the recent quality of opposing teams hasn't been there.......but I'm already seeing a totally different team. Even though we have been giving up 40-50 shots (needs to be fixed) but "offensively" the Gilmour's, Pionk's, Spooner's and Namestikov seem to be carrying the puck out very well and passing has been very good. They may not be "better" defensively, but somehow it feels they are much better at getting it out and turning it into offense. Anyone get what I'm trying to say?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Stralman is a little bigger and stronger than Pionk but OTOH while Stralsy moved the puck for us he created very little from the blueline and in. He scored very little.

Pionk haven’t scored a ton in the AHL nor for us in the NHL — but I think he has a bit potential there. Very fast windup. Good at making a move to open up a lane and let it go. Moves the puck well.

But it’s hard to tell, scoring a goal in this league is very hard. Often when players can create chances it’s only a matter of time before points start to come. But it’s no guarantee.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
You know, most of us would say these recent games are meaningless (NHL standings wise) and I know the recent quality of opposing teams hasn't been there.......but I'm already seeing a totally different team. Even though we have been giving up 40-50 shots (needs to be fixed) but "offensively" the Gilmour's, Pionk's, Spooner's and Namestikov seem to be carrying the puck out very well and passing has been very good. They may not be "better" defensively, but somehow it feels they are much better at getting it out and turning it into offense. Anyone get what I'm trying to say?

Yeah it’s a young mans game right now, pretty fascinating. Speed, make plays, take the puck to the net.

Could be a good time to rebuild, build something “right”.

Still think you will need both elements on the blueline though. A stay at home D on both sides and a pairing that is a little more solid both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->