NE division top 5 prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

who are the top 5 prospects in the northeast division for each team and how would you rank the teams in that division for their top 5 prospects?

leafaholix*

the leafs top 5 is

alexander steen
tuukka rask
justin pogge
carlo colaiacovo
aleksander suglobov

Maithz

Montreal

Alexander Perezhogin
Chris Higgins
Tomas Plekanec
Andrei Kostitsyn
Carey Price

The Sanchise

Aug 3, 2004
NF Ontario
Sabres

Vanek, Pominville, Miller already playing so

Nathan Paetsch
Daniel Paille
Marek Zagrapan
Drew Stafford
Marc Gragnani

Very notable: Mancari, Sekera

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
I wouldn't consider Toivonen, Alberts, and Jurcina prospects anymore so the B's top 5 would be:

1) Mark Stuart
2) Matt Lashoff
3) David Krejci
4) Petr Kalus
5) Martins Karsums

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
BronxBruin said:
I wouldn't consider Toivonen, Alberts, and Jurcina prospects anymore so the B's top 5 would be:

1) Mark Stuart
2) Matt Lashoff
3) David Krejci
4) Petr Kalus
5) Martins Karsums

and whoever they get this next draft :D

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
HABS-65 said:
Montreal

Alexander Perezhogin
Chris Higgins
Tomas Plekanec
Andrei Kostitsyn
Carey Price
I don't think of Perezhogin, Higgins, or Plekanec as prospects anymore. Well, you could argue Perezhogin. But Higgins and Plekanec are regulars. So it's probably...

Carey Price
Kyle Chipchura
Andrei Kostitsyn
Guillaume Latendresse
Yann Danis

Zell_Rocks

Dec 13, 2005
Centre of Universe
My opinion on the Leafs top 5

Steen & Wellwood are regular NHL players.
If Pohl was considered a prospect then I would put him in the top 5. I think he is too old by HF standards. He was born in '79 making him 27 years old.

1. Tukka Rask (G)
2. Justin Pogge (G)
3. Carlo Coliacovo (D)
4. Aleksander Suglobov (RW)
5. Jeremy Williams (C)

other notables: Ben Ondrus, Jay Harrison, Robbie Earl

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Blind Gardien said:
I don't think of Perezhogin, Higgins, or Plekanec as prospects anymore. Well, you could argue Perezhogin. But Higgins and Plekanec are regulars. So it's probably...

Carey Price
Kyle Chipchura
Andrei Kostitsyn
Guillaume Latendresse
Yann Danis

I agree, i would put A. Kostitsyn and Latendresse just over Chipchura however. He shows a lot more than i was expecting when he was recalled. All i heard for this guy was all about his shot and his lack of passing abilities while the little stint seems to shows a whole lot more. He also gives Price a good competition for the number 1 spot from what i saw.

Carey Price
Kostitsyn
Latendresse
Chipchura
Danis

That's not a strike against Chipchura however. He's been good this year and it seems his bad luck injury of last year is behind him. Chipchura - Latendresse - Kostitsyn in any way is arguable anyways.

As for Perezhogin, i'm not impressed. He got talent, that's for sure. He made an impressive move against Tampa last week that very few players in the nhl can makes at top speed (between the legs) but he seems weak when you think of his puck possession. A lot to do with him been nervous imo so it definitely can improve and with his speed, if he does in fact improve, he will be a nightmare for a lot of defensemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad