NCAA men's weekly rankings

scRIbe

Sep 2, 2014
Providence looks deadly this year. Glad to see them in the top spot!

I think I read somewhere that they are off to the best start by a defending national champion since Maine in 1999. And I believe only three other teams (all from the ECAC) are still undefeated.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
At least we're dominating the "Others receiving votes" category this week. That's something. I think if we somehow beat both Dartmouth and Harvard convincingly, we might just end up being ranked.

scRIbe

Sep 2, 2014
At least we're dominating the "Others receiving votes" category this week. That's something. I think if we somehow beat both Dartmouth and Harvard convincingly, we might just end up being ranked.

I'd say beating Harvard at all would be enough for a promotion.

MrWilson*

These polls are a TOTAL JOKE. Rankings are way, way off, no matter how you slice it. When will there be a better system for NCAA hockey and its post season?

Girouxsalem

May 1, 2012
These polls are a TOTAL JOKE. Rankings are way, way off, no matter how you slice it. When will there be a better system for NCAA hockey and its post season?

These polls dont have an impact on the post season. The NCAA uses the pairwise system for the rankings come NCAA tournament time.

scRIbe

Sep 2, 2014
ECAC might be the best league. Kinda funny to say.the rankings don't really matter much FWIW. The real thing that matters are the PairWise rankings.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwise-rankings/d-i-men/

Depends on how you look at it, I suppose. Quinnipiac and Harvard are definitely both strong, but North Dakota, St. Cloud State and Omaha all give each other fits in the NCHC. I wouldn't be surprised to see more than one epic matchup between a team from each of those leagues in the national tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad