NCAA commitment date

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
There are certain signing periods where they can sign their intent to play for a specific school, if they are getting a scholarship.

But technically speaking, you don't HAVE to commit by any date, you can just show up and get added the first day of practice, or walk-on or whatever.

A handful of recruits get added in the summer months just before the season, and some players always come earlier than originally planned (like Billy Ryan this year), and they probably didn't sign during a signing period.

Testify

Jun 24, 2004
Kessler commited to any1 yet?? ( maybe a stupid question )

thx for a kind answer :)

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Testify said:
Kessler commited to any1 yet?? ( maybe a stupid question )

thx for a kind answer :)

I assume you mean Phil Kessel, right? No he has not. Speculation has it that he's likely headed to either Minnesota or Wisconsin, but schools such as Michigan and Boston College are still in the mix as well.

Marshall: TMHUNH has it correct. But I'll add a copuple of things to what he said.

1) The signing periods occur in November and April. The early signing period in November runs about two weeks.

2) Not all schools require National Letters of Intent (NLIs), such as the Ivies and the military academies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Oilers Chick said:
I assume you mean Phil Kessel, right? No he has not. Speculation has it that he's likely headed to either Minnesota or Wisconsin, but schools such as Michigan and Boston College are still in the mix as well.

Marshall: TMHUNH has it correct. But I'll add a copuple of things to what he said.

1) The signing periods occur in November and April. The early signing period in November runs about two weeks.

2) Not all schools require National Letters of Intent (NLIs), such as the Ivies and the military academies.
Interesting .. Robbie Earl on the wing with Kessel at Wisconsin .. I like the sound of that ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->