NCAA athlete eligibility for sanctioned summer league

TSK1020

I asked on the other forums for Canuck Junior/Univeristy hockey, but can NCAA players (D1-D3) play in sanctioned leagues during our summer?

When I say sanctioned, I mean being paid if possible and having actual gate receipts, etc etc. Not an intramural or metro area rep league. Of course there are variables such as facilities, medical, and how often games are played so as to not put heavy workload on them, but curious from an institiutional perspective if a S-A can play. I see it from vantage point of being their summer job and them being paid where possible. Help? If not, what criteria would you think need to be met to achieve desired result?

Last edited by a moderator:

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
No. Despite the NCAA relaxing some of the things around NIL stuff, players would lose their NCAA eligibility if they are paid to play. Same reason as to why CHL players are not eligible to play college hockey.

TSK1020

No. Despite the NCAA relaxing some of the things around NIL stuff, players would lose their NCAA eligibility if they are paid to play. Same reason as to why CHL players are not eligible to play college hockey.

OK figured. Is there a way around in same way USHL with room and board taken care of?

My thinking is there may be some sort of contractual restriction for playing off season but am unsure as to what extent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2