NBC announces complete Olympic Hockey coverage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

missK

Aug 1, 2002
Lightning country
Visit site
:handclap:

All 54 games of both the men's and women's hockey tournaments will be seen live on the networks of NBC Universal. This will mark the first time in U.S. television history that the entire Olympic women's tournament will be televised. All Team USA hockey games and the gold medal games, both men's and women's, will be broadcast commercial-free and in their entirety. The women's gold medal game will air live on President's Day, Monday, Feb. 20, on NBC. The men's gold medal game will air live on the final day of Olympic competition, Sunday, Feb. 26, on NBC.

"Our hockey coverage is a fan's dream come true, every U.S. game will be seen commercial free and in its entirety," Ebersol said. "Die-hard fans should mark their calendars for Wednesday, Feb. 22. It will be the single greatest day in hockey - all of the game's biggest stars will compete in the men's quarterfinals as the world's eight best teams all face off."

NHL.com

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Good to hear all the men's hockey games will be on, but do they really need to bother with the women's games? Surely there's better stuff on to watch than that.

Bytown

Mar 8, 2003
Epsilon said:
Good to hear all the men's hockey games will be on, but do they really need to bother with the women's games? Surely there's better stuff on to watch than that.

The womens tourne could very well be better then the mens.There are 6 teams thats could take the gold.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
I suspect this would belong to the sub-board..

anyway
all 54 games of both the men's and women's hockey tournaments will be seen live on the networks of NBC Universal..
All Team USA hockey games and the gold medal games, both men's and women's, will be broadcast commercial-free and in their entirety

"Our hockey coverage is a fan's dream come true, every U.S. game will be seen commercial free and in its entirety," .
the last two quotes suggest to me that not every game will be broadcast in its entirety though.. and to show them live that's inevitable unless they use more than one channel to show icehockey Olympic games as some genius decided that the quarterfinals will be partially contemporary :dunno: :dunno:

Die-hard fans should mark their calendars for Wednesday, Feb. 22. It will be the single greatest day in hockey - all of the game's biggest stars will compete in the men's quarterfinals as the world's eight best teams all face off."
I agree so much..
and what happens? the CL 1/8s are scheduled for February 21 and 22 as well!(Chelsea-Barca) :banghead:
and to make things worse the last round of the hockey tournament preliminary round will be played right the day before the quarters ( :shakehead ), on February 21st. :dunno:

I guess i will have to get only highlights of the CL games and watch on tape Chelsea-Barca during the night! :hyper:

kidhander said:
Lucky you. I live in turin and i think i'll get...how many? 10 games??
I think some more.. and then we can hope in Eurosport! ;) (you don't get it?)

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
jaydog2005 said:
The womens tourne could very well be better then the mens.There are 6 teams thats could take the gold.
:biglaugh:

btw, in the men's tourney there are 7 teams that could take the gold medal, in the women's tourney there are..well..i would say one (i know in the last match US won, but i watched Canada-US live in November at the pre-Olympic test events and the two teams weren't even close..)

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
jaydog2005 said:

Except for the fact that women's hockey is a joke of a sport. Not only is it boring, but I can't convince myself to take it at all seriously when these "great" women's teams from the USA and Canada are losing to "men's" teams with high-school age boys.

Women's hockey might be the event in which I'm the least interested, over the whole winter Olympics.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Epsilon said:
Except for the fact that women's hockey is a joke of a sport. Not only is it boring, but I can't convince myself to take it at all seriously when these "great" women's teams from the USA and Canada are losing to "men's" teams with high-school age boys.

Women's hockey might be the event in which I'm the least interested, over the whole winter Olympics.
Most of the Olympics are an utter bore with otherwise meaningless sports getting their day in the sun. I'll take womens hockey over cross country skiing and the great biathalon. Slalom skiing, and the worst of the worst is figure skating and ice dancing. Nothing like some good old fashined corruption to taint the whole event. Women's hockey may not be the cream of the crop but there is more than enough crap to go around in the Winter Olympics.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
Most of the Olympics are an utter bore with otherwise meaningless sports getting their day in the sun. I'll take womens hockey over cross country skiing and the great biathalon. Slalom skiing, and the worst of the worst is figure skating and ice dancing. Nothing like some good old fashined corruption to taint the whole event. Women's hockey may not be the cream of the crop but there is more than enough crap to go around in the Winter Olympics.

I'd rather watch all of those sports over women's hockey, easily. Skiing in particular is one of the best events at the Olympics and I'm almost as interested in the men's skiing as the men's hockey. And women's skiing is way better than women's hockey, the athletes are only a few levels down from their male counterparts.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Epsilon said:
I'd rather watch all of those sports over women's hockey, easily. Skiing in particular is one of the best events at the Olympics and I'm almost as interested in the men's skiing as the men's hockey. And women's skiing is way better than women's hockey, the athletes are only a few levels down from their male counterparts.
I like the high speed events like the downhill and super G - male or female. I like Bobsled and ski Jumping. There is still alot of crap however.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
Well at least you did not defend figure skating. :)
Actually, even if i am not interested in it, i think figure skating (not ice dancing!) is better than the current women ice hockey. The bolded sport was only the most glaring disagreement.. cross country skiing and biathlon are more important as well imo. Speaking of crap i find really amazing you didn't mention curling! :)

Last edited:

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
helicecopter said:
Actually, even if i am not interested in it, i think figure skating (not ice dancing!) is better than the current women ice hockey. The bolded sport was only the most glaring disagreement.. cross country skiing and biathlon are more important as well imo. Speaking of crap i find really amazing you didn't mention curling! :)
Well I won't be watching any figure skating and probably will not see much curling. My only true interest is men's hockey. Won't miss a game. You really must hate women's hockey to consider Figure skating worth watching. I think we may as well put professional wrestling in if we are going to take figure skating seriously.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
Well I won't be watching any figure skating and probably will not see much curling. My only true interest is men's hockey. Won't miss a game. You really must hate women's hockey to consider Figure skating worth watching. I think we may as well put professional wrestling in if we are going to take figure skating seriously.
:eek:
Wrestling is a complete joke, i don't know how you can even compare..
as much as you don't like it, figure skating is a sport, and with a high level of competition at the Olympics, Wrestling is not a sport, it's only a show (that i don't like btw).

I don't know if i will watch any figure skating cause, as i said, i don't care..
i don't hate women ice hockey and i could watch the decisive games if close ones. The point is at top level i find figure skating to be an enjoyable sport for those caring more than women ice hockey is at the current level for those caring (about ice hockey, like us); also, i have respect for figure skating athletes that are facing the pressure of putting 4 yrs of work on the line in few minutes where they can't make any mistake to have a chance to win.

And yes, the men's ice hockey Olympic tournament is by far my main interest, the only one i bought tickets for; actually it is for me the main tournament in the world of any sport since when the pro have been taking part.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
I never tought I would ever say this but I cought myself enjoying ice dancing... :eek:
Particulary the part at the end of the tournament when they dance for fun after the medals are already won.

But men's ice hockey is by far the most important event in the tournament and overall the most important sport for me!

I'm also very interested in womens skiing! Janica Kostelic owns the world. :handclap: She will take 7 gold medals out of possible 5 (and all that skiing backwards on one ski) :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad