OT: NBA Discussion Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

Melo and Dwight on the same team. Grab your popcorn fellas.

I asked for you to bear with me :rant:.

Durant.

I don't care. I'm saying let's say they find the right max FA who fits this system and meshes with the rest of the team.

You're telling me that team isn't championship worthy in a weak Eastern conference?

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Knicks are better off if they can find a way to trade Melo. They should try and find a way to trade Melo for at least a 1st in this year's draft, maybe another 1st somewhere down the line and possibly a young chip piece. Melo is really starting to decline, and he's better off as a trade piece for the Knicks, because by the time the Knicks become truly competitive, he'll either be a total shell of himself or not even on the team. It was a major blunder to resign Melo.

They need to create an environment where Grant and Porzingis can grow and thrive, though. They are the future.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Knicks are better off if they can find a way to trade Melo. They should try and find a way to trade Melo for at least a 1st in this year's draft, maybe another 1st somewhere down the line and possibly a young chip piece. Melo is really starting to decline, and he's better off as a trade piece for the Knicks, because by the time the Knicks become truly competitive, he'll either be a total shell of himself or not even on the team. It was a major blunder to resign Melo.

They need to create an environment where Grant and Porzingis can grow and thrive, though. They are the future.

It was an even bigger mistake to give him a NTC.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I asked for you to bear with me :rant:.

Durant.

I don't care. I'm saying let's say they find the right max FA who fits this system and meshes with the rest of the team.

You're telling me that team isn't championship worthy in a weak Eastern conference?

I can see Melo and Durant not working together. Both want the ball in their hands.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

I agree with all of this.

BarbaraAlphanse

I can see Melo and Durant not working together. Both want the ball in their hands.

I just wanted my hypothetical idea to be entertained :(. I don't see them working either.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Not much into the NBA, but I like this Krapsniff Bazonga fellow. He seems like a good pick.

lol. hes been good much quicker than i think anyone could have hoped for. for a guy that was the raw, unknown guy in the draft hes already playing a lot and producing solid stats.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Knicks get the W tonight with the unsung hero being Kevin Serpahin (with the nice cut).

5-6. If they keep treading water like this they'll be in contention for an 8th seed.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
zinger with 29 and 11 in 31 mins. hes gonna be a star. i dont think anyone expected him to be this good and this comfortable this quickly into his nba career.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Kristaps has looked 10 times better this season than I expected this season.

29 and 11 on 10/17 shooting with 2 threes? AND how many OREB?

Excellent, excellent young player.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Krapsniff Bazonga killing it and so happy for him.

How stupid do those fans that booed him look now?

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
I watch this kid and im like
WUT!
Could the Knicks really stepped in poop?
Could the karma of the Phill really run this deep?
The IQ and athletic ability is off the chart for his age.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Kristaps is awesome right now. He looks like a young bull just learning to dominate people with his sheer athletic ability. When he puts on some more weight they won't be able to stop him. Too tall and too athletic with that desire. Plus he is starting to shoot more accurately which was his biggest strength in his scouting report.

BarbaraAlphanse

So maybe best course of action this offseason for the Knicks:

Derozan as key FA addition. P Gasol on MLE.

Starting:

Grant
Derozan
Melo
ZinGod
Lopez

Bench:
Galloway
Afflalo
Williams
Pau
Seraphin

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
So maybe best course of action this offseason for the Knicks:

Derozan as key FA addition. P Gasol on MLE.

Starting:

Grant
Derozan
Melo
ZinGod
Lopez

Bench:
Galloway
Afflalo
Williams
Pau
Seraphin

why is pau gasol opting out next summer to come off the bench for the MLE?

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Why are we talking about the offseason when the season just started? I'm cautiously optimistic for a playoff spot.

By the way I was at the game last night and the first game I was in my seat early enough for the intros. The way they're done now for the knicks are awesome with the 3D animations on the court. Why haven't I seen them doing that for ranger games?

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
No, he's pretty good offensively and solid on defense.

Only reason why he's not here now is because he had a year left on his contract.

He's buddies with Porzingis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad