OT: NBA Discussion Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Frank has regressed substantially lately. But I put a big part of that on Hornacek
I don't disagree.I've liked what Burke has given them off the bench.He seems to be able to run the offense better then Frank has.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
f*** I loved Dougie but Mudiay is exactly the player to roll the dice on. Good trade

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
wow, how f'n bad and pathetic are the Knicks - from the coach all the way down to the towel boy. Nilikina is such a sad sack, the team can't keep up for more than half a game at most. Hornacek sucks, this guy is doing a great job at the tank job but come April he needs to go

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
He doesn't have much on the roster right now. Kanter is their best player (not a good thing). Hardaway has been awful from the floor. Beasley is a wild card every night. Lee is as solid as they come, Jack too. KOQ, you know what you'll get from him, both good and bad. It's the same for Thomas. It comes down to the younger guys. Frank, Mudiay, Kornet, Hicks, Burke, Dotson.

They should be willing to give those 6 bigger minutes. Jack, Lee, Thomas, KOQ, Beasley, and possibly Kanter have no spots on this team moving forward. All of them will be gone in the next 18 months. Traded (Lee) or not re-signed. Might as well see what they have to give and if they've got enough to be part of the solution for the team after this rebuild is over.

Lotto pick this year and most likely next year. Add at least two Top 10 picks, and if they finish this year out the right way, a top 5 pick, to KP, Frank, Mudiay, Hardaway, and whoever makes it out of the next 18 months as part of the bench/role players. They should be focused on adding a free agent or two in for the 2019-2020 season.

They actually have overachieved this season winning as much as they have because KP took a big step, Jack and Beasley worked out, and Kanter turned himself into a top 15 center in the league.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Ntilikina is trash imo. Still young of course, but he's a garbage player right now. But he should still be getting mins over Jack.

What an embarrassing 3rd quarter.

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
Ntilikina is trash imo. Still young of course, but he's a garbage player right now. But he should still be getting mins over Jack.

What an embarrassing 3rd quarter.

Ntilikina has regressed since the beginning of the season.

Doesn't say much about the coaching. Maybe he'd be better off playing for the Westchester Knicks.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Frank is in a tough spot.He's too careless with the ball to run the point and can't shoot the ball well enough to be a 2 guard.This is starting to look like a wasted pick.I hope I'm wrong.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
It will get even worse. We'll be by far the worst team in he league next season with KP's horrific injury.

Tbh its hard to stay optimistic about the future when the front office will eventually have another blunder. Bargnani. Noah. THJ. Next we'll give Isaiah Thomas some stupid money.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
It will get even worse. We'll be by far the worst team in he league next season with KP's horrific injury.

Tbh its hard to stay optimistic about the future when the front office will eventually have another blunder. Bargnani. Noah. THJ. Next we'll give Isaiah Thomas some stupid money.
Wait, is the injury worse than a torn ACL? I’ve kinda just given up on the Knicks until the draft

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Wait, is the injury worse than a torn ACL? I’ve kinda just given up on the Knicks until the draft
9-10 month recovery period. Plus it's likely that he will be eased in to the lineup (I'm hoping at least).

Season will be done by December.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Drafting Frank over Smith or Mitchell is a massive blunder. KP injury aside, this is a much different team (and feeling around it) if they have Mitchell

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Hornacek was fired. I don't like it. He was a good coach and is being used as a scapegoat for the team's failures. How can you expect the team to grow when you keep firing a coach every season? They're no better than they were before the Porzingis pick now.

All the optimism at the beginning of the season is gone from me. The front office never learns. Same shit again. I'll be absolutely livid if they give long term money to Kanter.

Reactions: cgf

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Never was a big fan of Hornacek
Heres hoping they hire one of Jay Wright or Mark Jackson

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Every time Jackson's name comes up, I always think of this when he got fired. Hilarious.

"Part of it was that he couldn't get along with anybody else in the organization," Lacob said. "And look, he did a great job, and I'll always compliment him in many respects, but you can't have 200 people in the organization not like you."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad