OT: NBA Discussion Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Hernangomez played 4 mins last night. This better not be a trend.

French Frank only 8, but I'm sure he's adjusting still, which hopefully changes. I don't need to see a season of Baker getting 25 mins a night over Frank.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Anyone see the Hayward injury?

If you haven't - please don't.
His foot literally was pointing the wrong way. Thing is it didn't seem to pain him that much, most people would have been rolling around crying like a little *****. The guy will be back and fully healed, seems like the type to never let anything get in his way

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Phil's tenure may have been worth it just for his KP pick. God damn.

Kanter fits the team a lot better than Melo. Keep forgetting that he's only 25. Straight up that trade seems like a win-win. But McDermott and the 2nd seems nice as well.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Just like big guys in the NHL often take longer to develop, same for big men in the NBA, especially someone of KP's size and stature. He's still going to grow into his body and improve his all around game, great to see the early success he's had this year even while he's the focus of the defense.

Ntilikina looks 18 out there, a kid among men. Occasional flashes let you know he's got the talent and skill but he requires a healthy amount of seasoning against NBA level talent.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I really want the Knicks to get a top pick, but I also love watching KP making it rain from f***ing half court and clowning fools.

Knickerbockers pls

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I'm hoping that he keeps killing it and the team loses a lot of games with a respectable scoreline. Gonna need to overplay scrubs in order to do that though - which is all but inevitable with this roster.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just like big guys in the NHL often take longer to develop, same for big men in the NBA, especially someone of KP's size and stature. He's still going to grow into his body and improve his all around game, great to see the early success he's had this year even while he's the focus of the defense.

Ntilikina looks 18 out there, a kid among men. Occasional flashes let you know he's got the talent and skill but he requires a healthy amount of seasoning against NBA level talent.

Having Kanter next to him seems to really be heping Porzi feel comfortable out there knowing he has another big man who excels at the traditional big man things.

As for the french prince, I'm nervous. Didn't see much of him pre-draft and he looks super raw, but the potential for a nice defensive guard that can handle the ball or spot up is there. Just gotta hope we get him a great partner in this upcoming draft; because I see more of a compliment than a lead guard there.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Porzingis is a monster. Undefendable. His brother needs to stfu though. Nktilikina has a lot of tools to work with. You can see how he moves on the court and notice two things that stand out, he is built naturally for perimeter defense and he moves smoothly despite his awkward lankiness. He can also dribble and has great vision. I don't see a lot of scoring from him but I do see a bonafide throwback field general with great defensive ability. He needs to gain confidence, work on his shot and fill out. When he gains confidence and fills out alone from here to year three I think he will break out. I think there is very little chance he busts. He has too many tools to work with and the toolbox.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
You can see how he moves on the court and notice two things that stand out, he is built naturally for perimeter defense and he moves smoothly. He can also dribble and has great vision. I don't see a lot of scoring from him but I do see a bonafide throwback field general with great defensive ability.
You just described Jason Kidd and i would be thrilled if Frank could develope into that type of player(obviously not as good as Kidd)

Reactions: BroadwayStorm

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Frank's handle is ass but he's a defensive octopus.

Don't have anything to say about KP that hasn't already been said. Dude is bonkers.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Frank's handle is ass but he's a defensive octopus.

Don't have anything to say about KP that hasn't already been said. Dude is bonkers.

That's my worry, he seems very smart, and you can see that his spot up jumper has potential, but I don't see the handle to be a creator & not just a distributer.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
People are setting themselves for a disappointment if they are expecting Jason Kidd type PG out of Frank. He's a combo guard with elite shutdown ability. His shot has improved so no reason he can't play #2 and ocassional point.

I'm not a Knicks fan (cheer them on because of Rangers fans on here) but if i was I'd be hoping they get another top-5 pick and select true PG. Him and Frank together and you have your back court set for the next few years.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
People are setting themselves for a disappointment if they are expecting Jason Kidd type PG out of Frank. He's a combo guard with elite shutdown ability. His shot has improved so no reason he can't play #2 and ocassional point.

I'm not a Knicks fan (cheer them on because of Rangers fans on here) but if i was I'd be hoping they get another top-5 pick and select true PG. Him and Frank together and you have your back court set for the next few years.

This is exactly where I'm at with the kid. I like him a lot for that role next to a more dynamic ball handler; but we don't have that kid yet...and with Porzi going off we can get away with a little less from our lead guard, but to become a top team we need that dynamic slasher who can create openings for the team off the dribble so it's not all on KP to create offense when the opposition doesn't just f*** up & give us the points.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
So,yeah,Frank has no handle and can't help orchestrate a win lol.He was terrific tonight and KP was his usual monster self.Great win tonight.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
KP is f***ing ridiculous. Just an absolute animal right now.

And Frank's D is a huge reason why the Knicks won. He's only 19. The Knicks have two very good young players.

Reactions: cgf and Jeff Groten

Kaapodonna

What me worry?
Dec 8, 2007
New Jersey
88a297ac74fc51acddf742af3cf54c0f.jpg

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
They're playing so much better than I expected.

It's great to watch the Melo-free Knicks. They obviously run the offense around KP, but they move the ball much better.

With Noah coming back soon, I wonder if one of Kanter/O'Quinn is traded? It's probably not the best time to deal either, but you already have Willy sitting most games cause of the backlog at C, it's only going to get worse.

Reactions: Jeff Groten

Kaapodonna

What me worry?
Dec 8, 2007
New Jersey
They're playing so much better than I expected.

It's great to watch the Melo-free Knicks. They obviously run the offense around KP, but they move the ball much better.

With Noah coming back soon, I wonder if one of Kanter/O'Quinn is traded? It's probably not the best time to deal either, but you already have Willy sitting most games cause of the backlog at C, it's only going to get worse.

I don't see either going any where TBH. I know most don't like him, but I think Kanter has been better than I thought he would be. I think it will be Kuze or Sessions that is gone. I would like them to buy out Noah.

They move the ball so much better with out ball hog Me7o on the court. I was/am a Me70 fan, but his time to go was a couple of years ago IMO.

It would be nice to have both the Knicks AND Rangers to be good at the same time. Instead of just the Rangers lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->