OT: NBA Discussion Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Does this mean Mills got promoted or fired or reassigned?

Mills is now the president and has final say over everything. Perry is the GM but has limited authority. It's why Griffin pulled out--he wanted control of basketball moves and to bring in his own front office guys and the Knicks were evidently adamant that Mills would run things.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
he is very highly thought of around the league with a great nose for young talent.This is a terrific move by the Knicks.Maybe their is hope for them afterall.

what? it's completely hopeless. The guy is going to be a puppet, all the garbage execs are still there and Mills calls all the shots. He can't hire any of his guys, Perry is there for the money, the city, and resume building

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
what? it's completely hopeless. The guy is going to be a puppet, all the garbage execs are still there and Mills calls all the shots. He can't hire any of his guys, Perry is there for the money, the city, and resume building

he doesnt need to build his resume after what he just did with the Kings this offseason

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
The lights are on but nobody's home in the Knicks front office lol. ANybody spot a difference in who cares more about who plays on their team???

Rangers sign little known European Draft Pick to $1M/year contract:

DEn7RcTXsAEwQk3.jpg

Knicks sign Hardaway Jr. to $71M contract:

hqdefault.jpg

"thanks microphone guy, but where's Mills?"

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
The Knicks have turned into utter disgrace over the last year and with Mills at the helm it continues. Hopefully the GM lasts the year and has the room to make some decent moves for the tank.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Kyrie Irving wants out of Cleveland.

Preferred destinations are: Spurs, Heat, T-Wolves, and the Knicks.

Derrick Rose was talking with the Cavs and would replace Irving in the starting lineup. Melo clearly wants to go there. Do what it takes to build around Irving and Porzingis.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

Derrick Rose was talking with the Cavs and would replace Irving in the starting lineup. Melo clearly wants to go there. Do what it takes to build around Irving and Porzingis.

Why would the Knicks do this after signing Hardway to an offer sheet and drafting a SG?

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Why would the Knicks do this after signing Hardway to an offer sheet and drafting a SG?

Frank is a PG. He's 6'5, but he's a PG. Ball handler. Hardaway is a true SG. no PG tendencies.

If you can get a top 5 PG, you do it. It's a PG league. Irving would help this team a lot. Players would want to sign here with Irving and Porzingis.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I'm obviously no longer a Knicks fan, but I'm rooting for you guys to get this done. Melo is my least favorite thing about the team (well, other than Dolan), and IMO the biggest impediment to your progress.

Melo, Frank, 2 1sts for Kyrie + something from a third team. You wind up with:

Kyrie
THJ
? (maybe the player from the third team?)
Porzingis
Hernangomez

That's 4/5 of your way to a young, solid starting 5. Depth is an issue, but much easier to fill in your bench than your starters.

Hopefully my Nets are coming out of the doldrums with Russell, LeVert and Allen as the start of a similar long-term core*+ solid vets in Lin, Mozgov, Carroll, and Booker + the D-league player, European, and 2nd round diamonds in the rough that Sean Marks is constantly finding (e.g. Kilpatrick, Whitehead). It'd be great to have a good long run of competitive rivalry.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
reporter on ESPN 98.7 right now saying it's a good chance the Knicks get Kyrie in a three team deal, possibly involving Phoenix. Says Perry & Mills are looking to make a splash

3 team deal or Knicks add fair bit to Melo to get Kyrie.

1 for 1 is a horrible deal for Cavs. I actually think Cavs are 1 team Melo would be a decent fit since Bron loves to dish it off.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Someone on reddit actually posted a pretty decent trade idea that was a three-way deal between NYK-PHX-CLE that ended up with Bledsoe and Melo to the Cavs, Josh Jackson, Bender, Shump, and Felder to the Knicks, Kyrie, Willy, and RJ to the Suns. Throw in picks wherever they need to go, but I love that idea. Build around KP, Josh Jackson, Frank, and then be bad enough to get a high pick this upcoming draft.

Kaapodonna

What me worry?
Dec 8, 2007
New Jersey

With out mortgaging the future.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Think if the Knicks think they can move Melo AND get Kyrie they are going for that.

Was the suns one of the 4 teams he wants to be dealt to? I know he doesn't have a NTC. The 3 teams I remember are the Knicks, Heat and Spurs.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Think if the Knicks think they can move Melo AND get Kyrie they are going for that.

Was the suns one of the 4 teams he wants to be dealt to? I know he doesn't have a NTC. The 3 teams I remember are the Knicks, Heat and Spurs.

4th is Minnesota.

He has no NTC, but he can nix his trade kicker. Also, if you aren't one of the 4, you better be awfully certain you can win it all and/or convince him to stay in the next 2 years...

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
you better be awfully certain you can win it all and/or convince him to stay in the next 2 years...

not sure that would be his primary motivation in NYC. If he came to MSG it would be for fame which he would get since he already has a ring

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if as usual a player is using the Knicks as a leveraging tool and has no real intention of ever playing here or knows it would never happen

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I think this is about as likely to happen as the Yankees trading for Sonny Gray.

I give both about a 25% chance of happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad