Player Discussion Nazem Kadri

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I'm in wait and see mode. I mean no denying he was one of the better players in the league last year and one of the best free agent signings. I think he reverts some but hopefully not too much. Hopefully he gels quickly and helps make for a true top 2nd line in the league.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I'm just happy to have a center better than Backlund to replace Backlund. Backlund should have been moved to the 3rd line a couple of years ago but we didn't have anyone to replace him. If Monahan hadn't declined so far he would have been the optimal Backlund replacement but he did and we were where we were.
one what planet did Monahan at any point in his career strike you as a Backlund replacement?

And Backlund has never underperformed for his role. Maybe he had the odd down year (2017-18 comes to mind) but he has always been one of the best players in his role.

Reactions: Nanuuk

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
one what planet did Monahan at any point in his career strike you as a Backlund replacement?

And Backlund has never underperformed for his role. Maybe he had the odd down year (2017-18 comes to mind) but he has always been one of the best players in his role.
I’d argue he underperformed more this season than in 2017-18. That team couldn’t score to save its life, backlund had negative shooting luck, and he still had 45 pts. This was a far better team than that one, yet he only pulled out 39 pts (though to be fair his shot generation was about career average for him).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad