Nazem Kadri is evolving into a solid two way C

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'll be sure to bump one of the many Giroux or Vorachek threads when one of them has a bad game.

Only in Toronto are players not allowed to have an off night after 30 games of great play.

Go ahead.

TODAY, Kadri was overmatched. And I expected backlash...hence the sarcasm emoticon.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
As suspected, Kadri is completely ineffective against good players. -4. Leaf fans have really been marketing this weird narrative, that Kadri is a defensively competent centre.... I think they do it to create the necessary smoke and mirrors in their own minds, to disguise that fact that their former top 10, blue-chip offensive prospect is on pace for 49 pts in his 5th full season in the NHL.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
As suspected, Kadri is completely ineffective against good players. -4. Leaf fans have really been marketing this weird narrative, that Kadri is a defensively competent centre.... I think they do it to create the necessary smoke and mirrors in their own minds, to disguise that fact that their former top 10, blue-chip offensive prospect is on pace for 49 pts in his 5th full season in the NHL.

I absolutely love the "smoke and mirrors" comparison.

Possible that he just hit a bump on the road, but if so it was quite a huge one, and the good old eye test is not in his favour...

The emperor has no clothes...

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto

It was one game. Against two of the best players in the league.

He was good against Zetterberg, and Getzlaf, and other great players. Why didn't this thread get bumped then?

Ridiculous.

Ace88*

how do people spew air like this without actually checking their information. Last season was Kadri's 1st full season, genius. Out of all the flavours, you chose salty? So, so uninformed.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I'll be sure to bump one of the many Giroux or Vorachek threads when one of them has a bad game.

Only in Toronto are players not allowed to have an off night after 30 games of great play.

A little harsh but that game showed what the difference is between him and a real quality C.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011

As a fan of a third party team this reeks of someone looking to just pile on Kadri or the Leafs. Truth is he is already producing at a first line center's pace and has been for a few years (http://mapleleafshotstove.com/2014/12/20/nazem-kadri-first-line-material/)

Moreover, his defense has greatly improved, and pointing to one night as an example otherwise is so incredibly shortsighted I'm not sure if you expect anyone to take you seriously.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
A little harsh but that game showed what the difference is between him and a real quality C.

No, that game showed that one game sample sizes are not conducive to sound conclusions. Anyone claiming otherwise simply has a bone to pick with Kadri or the Leafs.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

Are you people listening to yourselves? One game is a good sample size? 30+ great games, and one bad one. People act like Kadri hasn't faced a good player before but that's ALL he has done all year.

He is also 24...Are only Toronto players not allowed to have growing pains? Only Toronto players are expected to be Art ross winners the day they are drafted?

I guess Philly is the best team in the NHL because they beat the leafs, and Anaheim, Detroit, CHicago, LA are all the worst, because the leafs beat them ONCE!

Also didn't help that Bernier couldn't stop a beach ball tonight and the entire team didn't feel like showing up.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Are you people listening to yourselves? One game is a good sample size? 30+ great games, and one bad one. People act like Kadri hasn't faced a good player before but that's ALL he has done all year.

He is also 24...Are only Toronto players not allowed to have growing pains? Only Toronto players are expected to be Art ross winners the day they are drafted?

I guess Philly is the best team in the NHL because they beat the leafs, and Anaheim, Detroit, CHicago, LA are all the worst, because the leafs beat them ONCE!

Also didn't help that Bernier couldn't stop a beach ball tonight and the entire team didn't feel like showing up.

No, we just hear about how the Toronto prospects are going to be world beaters and they almost always aren't.

I don't mind Kadri at all, but I think the Toronto hype machine will swallow him whole.

Scarbarian*

Go ahead.

TODAY, Kadri was overmatched. And I expected backlash...hence the sarcasm emoticon.

On Nov 8, 2014.
http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2014020207

Both Groux and Voracek have a 3 point game in which they contributed in all three of Flyers goals yet somehow, they both ended the game with a -1. what's more surprising is the fact that somehow players like Lecavalier and Del Zotto and few others finished with an even rating or better without putting up a single point in the game.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
On Nov 8, 2014.
http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2014020207

Both Groux and Voracek have a 3 point game in which they contributed in all three of Flyers goals yet somehow, they both ended the game with a -1. what's more surprising is the fact that somehow players like Lecavalier and Del Zotto and few others finished with an even rating or better without putting up a single point in the game.

It's not that hard to explain buddy. The three points were all powerplay goals.

mystery_solved_large.jpg

Felstead

Boss Status
Feb 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada

One game.... ONE GAME.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

No, that game showcased his worst play of the year in arguably our worst game of the year.

Guy's great against Los Angeles, Detroit, Chicago, Anaheim, but struggles in a game where the entire team didn't show up?

Real quality C

Lol. Lemme put on my smug face.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011

He's had more than one bad game this season, though.

The entire Leafs team outside of the 3rd line was ****ing terrible in the first game against the Wings for example.

You don't project the last 10 games over the entire season.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
He's had more than one bad game this season, though.

The entire Leafs team outside of the 3rd line was ****ing terrible in the first game against the Wings for example.

You don't project the last 10 games over the entire season.

The whole team was tired.. He has had a few bad games, and they are normally when the whole team plays bad. The point is that over the course of 30 games, he has played very very well as a 2 way C. There are a few games here and there where he didn't play his best, but all players have off nights.

My point is people choose to focus on the 3 or 4 bad nights he has had in his 30 games, and say he isn't a good player. At 24, if he can have a season with a high level of play and 10-15 off nights, that's all you can ask for.

If Kadri scored a hat trick in 3-4 games and didn't score any other time, people wouldn't claim he is a good goal scorer, they would say he can't score consistently. So why does 3-4 bad games mean he is a bad player, shouldn't that mean he is consistent?

Only people who don't understand this are people who don't like the leafs or Kadri.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Do more research.

I absolutely love the "smoke and mirrors" comparison.

Possible that he just hit a bump on the road, but if so it was quite a huge one, and the good old eye test is not in his favour...

The emperor has no clothes...

I'm surprised you didn't catch that one on the above quote. You're usually quick to make corrections on anything involve the leafs.

Dallas Eakins*

You talk about sample size but yet you guys are ready to peg Kadri the second coming of Bergeron following a good 10 game stretch to follow a career of horrible defensive play? :scared:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad