Cut/Released: Navorro Bowman - Signs in Oakland for 1 year

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
All I've read is niners think he's on the downside of his career, which upset him and caused him to ask to leave. Sf had a trade worked out but Bowman didn't want to go there, so they cut him instead.

Just weird and upsetting. He was a great player for years and deserved to go out better than this (leaving sf).

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He was pulled last week a few times because he was gassed. He's played more snaps than any ILB this season. He's still an effective downhill player but struggles in space due to injury. Releasing him so he can sign where he wants is much better than trading him somewhere he doesn't want to be. Which they could have done. Plus they want Reuben Foster on the field and Ray Ray has been too good to sit at WLB.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Yeah, I fully expect him to sign with a team like that where the need is way bigger. Depends how much money he's looking for, though.

Sounds like we'll know soon enough.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Don't agents usually get the green light to find a trading partner anyways? I'd think not wanting to trade for he contract prompted an outright release.

I think you mean the Patriots.

Rosenhaus ok'd them looking for a trade. They found a few but Bow didn't want to play for them. With his contract status and age and injury history..it probably was nothing more than 6th. Later in the week Rosenhaus said Bow would accept his reduced role etc etc but Lynch being a former player has been in the situation. They could have been greedy and traded him to where thet wanted to go but releasing him so he has his choice is a much respectful way to do business. Also means the 49ers eat the cap hit.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Texas got a turnover and now they might get points before half

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
All I've read is niners think he's on the downside of his career, which upset him and caused him to ask to leave. Sf had a trade worked out but Bowman didn't want to go there, so they cut him instead.

Just weird and upsetting. He was a great player for years and deserved to go out better than this (leaving sf).
SF extended Bowman to a 4 year $42 million in 2016. How quickly things turn.

At least they let him go so he can pick his own landing spot. He was a great leader for that D before his knee injury in 2015 against the hawks.

See where he lands.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
SF extended Bowman to a 4 year $42 million in 2016. How quickly things turn.

At least they let him go so he can pick his own landing spot. He was a great leader for that D before his knee injury in 2015 against the hawks.

See where he lands.
He Isn't playing horribly or anything, he just isn't what he once was. Not sure if there is a right way to.do this for the fans, but I don't like the Friday news dump way they went about it.

It's probably the best for both sides.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Bowman went across the Bay.

He can't call plays on offense so I'm not sure if he'll help the Raiders win games, but they have made some defensive improvements as the season has gone on and he should help with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad