OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2016-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
For a late 1st rounder... With our need for bigs and depth gotta wonder what Ernie was doing :shakehead

A couple things here. The Raptors had two first round picks and will trade the lower of the two picks to Orlando, so they have an additional asset the Wiz didn't have. Second, Ibaka is a free agent this summer looking for a big contract. You have to assume the Raptors want to resign him long term and the Wiz would have no room to do so. Third, I am assuming that Ernie / Scott want to see what they have in Mahinmi before making a trade.

My personal opinion is that their biggest need is a backup PG. Sato isn't ready and Burke is not good. They need someone who can not be a total liability to give Wall some rest.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

I don't buy their stuff any more, but it has nothing to do with Trump or with lawsuits. Simply put, the product has gone downhill the past few years and it's garbage. I could buy three of the same shirt and they'd all fit differently. There's no standardization to their sizing or material. They also seemingly switched to a new "tech" material which now is more uncomfortable when I work out than normal cotton.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
This kid Pardon for Northwestern makes Shaq look like a 90% FT shooter. Not one but two air ball free throws. Painful to watch.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
This kid Pardon for Northwestern makes Shaq look like a 90% FT shooter. Not one but two air ball free throws. Painful to watch.

Heh, he's listed at exactly my height and weight. If someone wants to give me a scholarship, I'll happily go out there and hit 1 of 6 free throws.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I'm not sure how south we go in this thread but Liberty university in Lynchburg has been promoted from 1aa to division 1 in football

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...addon-break-washington-nationals-bryce-harper

Did Joe Maddon break Bryce Harper?

"When the Cubs pitched around him, if he was someone who had greater maturity and self-control -- which I think he will still develop -- he would've said, 'F--- it, if they're gonna walk me, I'll take it.' But what he did was, he started to feel like he needed to produce and be the guy."
NL executive

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
Wizards are actually starting to excite me. Bench is still terrible, but they've won 10/11, including wins against pretty good teams. If they can maintain 3/move up to 2, they could make some noise in the playoffs.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Wizards are actually starting to excite me. Bench is still terrible, but they've won 10/11, including wins against pretty good teams. If they can maintain 3/move up to 2, they could make some noise in the playoffs.

They're winning because they're confident and they're confident because they're playing to their strengths. Wall is making plays and cutting to the basket, though he still forces some bad shots. Beal is playing his usual game as a versatile shooting guard. Porter is the best 3-point shooter in the league which is a new niche and a HUGE weapon in todays NBA. Morris is excelling on the boards and with mid-range shooting. Gortat is doing his thing inside and is still able to stretch.

They're 3rd in the NBA in FG%. Amazingly they're near the bottom of the league in 3pt attempts but also near the top of the league in 3pt%. They're not great in other stats like blocks, steals or rebounds so their game is based mostly on shooting percentage. Taking good shots and draining them. A big part of that is getting guys open where they're strong. Some of that is system/coaching and some is talent/instinct/habit.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Melo over Beal as the injury replacement for Love is a joke. Wall not being a starter is a joke. And Otto, the leading 3 point shooter in the league, not being invited to the 3 point contest, is a joke.

I hope Scotty Brooks uses this as motivation for the rest of the year.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
nationals sign matt wieters

the washington nationals agreed to terms on a deal with free agent catcher matt wieters on tuesday, according to people with direct knowledge of the situation. the deal is for one year with a 2018 option, and will pay wieters $10 million this season and $11 million next, should wieters exercise the option. five million of this year’s salary will be deferred through the 2021 season. The deal is not official, and is pending a physical. Assuming all goes well, the signing finally grounds the former baltimore staple after he spent this offseason in an unexpected holding pattern, and it changes the complexion of the nationals’ winter dramatically.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It's a decent pickup. He's expensive, but his bat seemed to be getting better the latter part of last year.

He's a good defensive catcher, but the knock has always been framing pitches.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Wieters is way over priced these days. Orioles didn't miss a beat without him in the lineup over the past few seasons. For a team with an internal salary cap (O's), he was a problem. Had they subtracted his 17m or whatever last year, they may have been able to add some needed Pitching help.

I like him, but I won't miss him (Ubaldo is next in the ROI black hole discussion in Bal'mer)

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Don't mind the pickup. If they keep Norris looks like a good combo (if they keep him).

Heard this morning on 980 that the White Sox are interested in Pedro Severino for a closer (David Robertson?) they have.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
At least he's a RFA, So maybe not a pure rental if he meshes well? Not a close follower of NBA, but seems like a solid upgrade off the bench. 14ppg, in 27 mins per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->