Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Boogie Cousins.

I think he'd want to play w Wall, not get dealt for him. Plus we dont know what he will look like, post injury?

Kawhi plays what...the 4?
Satoransky
Beal
Porter
Leonard
Morris

Pretty dynamic 5.

Send Gortat and Mahimni to the moon. With all the monies left over (Wall costs more than Leonard, and Gortat and Mahimni are 30m together), they could have a good bench as well.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Bobby Wood interested in joining the MLS. The US striker could be a fit for DC United

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Wallzards lose again. Wasn’t ever really close, either. They made this bed with that last (inexcusable) loss to Orlando.

They will prob win a game at home....then lose in 5. Do something, Ted

Yup. I was wrong. I thought they'd have enough pride to tighten it up on defense. Instead, the starters got laughed off the court. Beal finished with the worst +/- in franchise history. Without Mike Scott and Ty Lawson they lose that game by 30+. Oubre's play has been atrocious.

Ernie needs to go. They need fresh eyes with no attachment to the organization to look at the roster and make tough decisions.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Yup. I was wrong. I thought they'd have enough pride to tighten it up on defense. Instead, the starters got laughed off the court. Beal finished with the worst +/- in franchise history. Without Mike Scott and Ty Lawson they lose that game by 30+. Oubre's play has been atrocious.

Ernie needs to go. They need fresh eyes with no attachment to the organization to look at the roster and make tough decisions.

Agreed 100%. I won’t even get into the ins and outs of some of his decisions, as I honestly do see the merit in a lot of his work. BUT, people have shelf lives in pro sports (at GM and Coach), and Ernie has reached his expiration date with DC. He will get another job as quickly as he wants one, but the franchise needs a new approach (set of “eyes”, as you called it) after this series is over.

But Ted isn’t a “replace to achieve” kind of owner. So I’m sure it will be more of the same.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Welp, big game for the Gizards tomorrow. Another win would out a LOT of pressure on the Raptors. They have a pretty big choke thing of their own going on, so they really don’t want to go back to Canada tied at 2.

Crazy as it sounds, I think the Sixers may be the team to beat in the East. Now that Embiid is back.

Cavs are down 2-1. Celtics are going nowhere without Kyrie (or Gordon)....and the Pacers are not exactly scary.

If the Giz can tie this up, then they could see the Raps implode, Caps style, right before their eyes.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Wizards win another one. 2-2. It’s at least interesting now. May see a repeat of last years Celts series.....all home team wins.

Which may end up being the worst thing for the franchise - “we took the #1 seed to 7 games....we were THIS close to beating the top seed! It’s almost there!! We gotta bring back the whole crew!!!”

UGH

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Wizards win another one. 2-2. It’s at least interesting now. May see a repeat of last years Celts series.....all home team wins.

Which may end up being the worst thing for the franchise - “we took the #1 seed to 7 games....we were THIS close to beating the top seed! It’s almost there!! We gotta bring back the whole crew!!!”

UGH
It's awful. Grunfeld desperately needs to be fired but I can't not cheer for the likable half of this roster... And there's also this whole thing about embarrassing a Toronto team too...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Quick look at the box score looks like they couldn't hit their threes.

They kept it close until some time in the 4th. I feel asleep for the end, but before that the issue was failure to deal with the high ball screen.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
They were awful down the stretch. Toronto outscored them something like 24-9 over the final 6 minutes. They could not hit a shot to save their lives; I believe they missed 13 straight 3-point attempts.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
They were awful down the stretch. Toronto outscored them something like 24-9 over the final 6 minutes. They could not hit a shot to save their lives; I believe they missed 13 straight 3-point attempts.

Yikes. Earlier in the game it seemed like they couldn't miss a shot. About the time I fell out I could see the momentum shifting, though. Wiz got scared/awkward and Toronto looked energized. I assume that continued to the end.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Yikes. Earlier in the game it seemed like they couldn't miss a shot. About the time I fell out I could see the momentum shifting, though. Wiz got scared/awkward and Toronto looked energized. I assume that continued to the end.

Not really, actually... it really just came down to poor shooting and dumb decisions. At 8:52 of the 4th the Wiz were up 87-82 and Toronto looked nervous. Gortat then committed an awful foul, Wall had a selfish turnover, Beal missed 2 wide open shots on 2 straight possessions, andWall had another turnover, and all of a sudden it was 90-87 Raptors. The Wiz never tied or held the lead again over the final 7 minutes.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I’m just curious but why were so many expecting the 43 win 8th seed to beat the 59 win 1 seed again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad