OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2016-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
So Wizards. All they needed to do was beat the 24-57 Magic and they'd get a rematch against the Hayward-less and Kyrie-less Celtics but of course they blow it so now they are the 8th seed heading to Toronto this weekend.

Good. Probably the best thing for the franchise. They may get swept. I hope so. Will make Ted realize that his cash cow is leaking milk....in buckets.

I’m over this team. Blow it up. Completely.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I can't believe this team is the best Grunfeld could do with the Wall/Beal/Porter core.

Then again, the fact that he even has a job has been unbelievable for years.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Wizards had G1 in the bag until the flagrant 1 call on Mike Scott. The momentum shifted, the arena went nuts, and the Raptors never looked back. You could tell the weight of never having won a G1 was wearing on Toronto as Washington was absorbing their best shot and they still couldn't pull away. It felt like the Capitals in the playoffs, to be honest.

I think they win G2. Gortat and Mahinmi both had 2 fouls within the first 6 minutes of Q1. Speaking of Gortat and Mahinmi, they need to go. And if the Wizards lose in the 1st round so will Ernie.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Wizards had G1 in the bag until the flagrant 1 call on Mike Scott. The momentum shifted, the arena went nuts, and the Raptors never looked back. You could tell the weight of never having won a G1 was wearing on Toronto as Washington was absorbing their best shot and they still couldn't pull away. It felt like the Capitals in the playoffs, to be honest.

I think they win G2. Gortat and Mahinmi both had 2 fouls within the first 6 minutes of Q1. Speaking of Gortat and Mahinmi, they need to go. And if the Wizards lose in the 1st round so will Ernie.
Unfortunately, that's not happening.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I knew they were going to lose. Couldn't bring myself to watch after about 10min.

This series seems like the home team wins out

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I turned it on when we had the 96-95 lead and it was all over from there on. This is a first round loser IMO with this matchup.

Last edited:

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Just thought i get opinions on this. I'm a DCUnited fan, don't know if anybody else is here, but DC just got a new owner billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong. This guy owns Los Angeles Times and owns a small portion of the Los Angeles Lakers. We have reevaluated for 500M. Thats 400M for the new stadium, 50M for the new practice field. Don't know where the value from the other 50M comes. Apparently as well DC is looking to from 1 to 3 DSPs this summer and 3 names have come out. I'll start with the 2 "lesser" names first. ‘Chicharito’ Hernández and Carlos Tévez. The 3rd name is the biggest one not only would he be the biggest name on DCU, he could be the biggest player in the MLS. I know there would be some concerns based off his pass behavior, but apparently he has calmed down. That player is.....Mario Balotelli.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Just thought i get opinions on this. I'm a DCUnited fan, don't know if anybody else is here, but DC just got a new owner billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong. This guy owns Los Angeles Times and owns a small portion of the Los Angeles Lakers. We have reevaluated for 500M. Thats 400M for the new stadium, 50M for the new practice field. Don't know where the value from the other 50M comes. Apparently as well DC is looking to from 1 to 3 DSPs this summer and 3 names have come out. I'll start with the 2 "lesser" names first. ‘Chicharito’ Hernández and Carlos Tévez. The 3rd name is the biggest one not only would he be the biggest name on DCU, he could be the biggest player in the MLS. I know there would be some concerns based off his pass behavior, but apparently he has calmed down. That player is.....Mario Balotelli.

I'm not a huge DC United fan and I don't really follow the MLS, but I'd start paying attention if DCU signed Chicharito, Tevez, and Balotelli. That would be pretty cool.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
I'm not a huge DC United fan and I don't really follow the MLS, but I'd start paying attention if DCU signed Chicharito, Tevez, and Balotelli. That would be pretty cool.
We wouldn't sign all 3. We already used one of our DSPs(Paul Arriola) and have only 2 left if we are moving up 3. Hoping for Barotelli. He would fit in with our youth movement. Chicharito would be good, but i hear sometimes he is a cruiser. Tevez is coming towards the end.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
We wouldn't sign all 3. We already used one of our DSPs(Paul Arriola) and have only 2 left if we are moving up 3. Hoping for Barotelli. He would fit in with our youth movement. Chicharito would be good, but i hear sometimes he is a cruiser. Tevez is coming towards the end.

If I’m recalling correctly, Baloteli is coming off a pretty impressive season and wants to get back to the Premier League or another team with Champions League aspirations. Is it realistic for DCU to be able to compete for his signature?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Huge pass on Tevez. Chicharito might do really well...Balotelli too....seems to have matured a little at least.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Article I’m looking at says one of the 3. Balotelli has had a nice year in Nice. Still only 27 while Chich is 29, Tevez the cancer 34.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
If I’m recalling correctly, Baloteli is coming off a pretty impressive season and wants to get back to the Premier League or another team with Champions League aspirations. Is it realistic for DCU to be able to compete for his signature?

Raiola has previously confirmed that he is in talks with several Premier League and Serie A clubs over a move for Balotelli. The 'super-agent' named four Serie A clubs, however, decided not to name any of the Premier League clubs that he has been talking to.
Mario Balotelli Linked With Shock Free Transfer to MLS Side D.C. United This Summer

It won't be easy, but if Balotelli comes over, the DSP would make him one of the highest paid players in the league and would make him one of the biggest, if not THE biggest star in the league. The MLS growing. What would make the MLS even better is getting DC United back in order. DC is one of the best Soccer/Football in America. DC United has some pieces already. They got a new stadium coming in July, they got some good talent in every position EXCEPT upfront. The problem is DC does not have someone who could put the ball in the net. Adding someone like Balotelli could not only solve that problem, but also put some butts in the seats as well.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Seems the relationship between Kawhi Leonard and the Spurs is seriously damaged.

Can the Wallzards trade Wall to San Antonio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad