Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I know. Crazy. They were down 13 or more in the 2nd quarter too

Edit — AAaaaaaandddddd, they blow the lead. Completely lol

Epic choke! The patented 'let Wall dribble while the other 4 guys stand around doing nothing and then Wall chucks up a brick' offense they love to run in crunch time strikes again. Amazing to me how a team so good at passing goes so polar opposite when it matters most.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
This last few minutes are exactly what’s wrong the Wallzards. I saw 4 different possessions where he Iso’d himself and they scored once. Well, he scored once. 2 more missed shots and then the final Wall turnover.

It’s not working w him

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Crap like this is why I don’t love CBB like I used to. Kids leaving before they are ready. At least he didn’t hire an agent.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Oh, and the Wallzards suck. Losing at home to freaking Atlanta? Again?

I know they were “down” because of the Cavs loss. But Jesus guys, sack up just a little bit.

They have a lot of good pieces, but man is the puzzle ugly once it’s done. Fire Grunfeld, bring in a new mind, and hit the reset button.....come on, Ted.

Especially with the East so wide open the next few years. And that’s with LeBaby staying in Cleveland or the East (anywhere, save Boston or Philly). If he goes west?

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'd trade Wall this summer before his extension kicks in (next summer) and build around what's left, but that's way too ballsy for Ted.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I'd trade Wall this summer before his extension kicks in (next summer) and build around what's left, but that's way too ballsy for Ted.

They need to get rid of Mahinmi and Gortat. They get playoff-level ball from their bigs once every 5 games or so. Mahinmi and Gortat are f***ing awful. I also would explore trading Oubre.

Reactions: g00n

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Looks like Rizzo has put together another team that can’t protect leads and can’t hit decent pitching. Good thing we extended him. He’s a bit overrated.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
They need to get rid of Mahinmi and Gortat. They get playoff-level ball from their bigs once every 5 games or so. Mahinmi and Gortat are ****ing awful. I also would explore trading Oubre.

To what end though? This team plays well without their “main man”.

Those two have 2 and 1 year remaining each....this team needs an overhaul.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Looks like Rizzo has put together another team that can’t protect leads and can’t hit decent pitching. Good thing we extended him. He’s a bit overrated.

Well if you don’t know what kind of team you have after the 3rd series of the season when will you know I always say. The next 152 games are just a confirmation of that...

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
Well if you don’t know what kind of team you have after the 3rd series of the season when will you know I always say. The next 152 games are just a confirmation of that...

Outside of Harper, the Nats are a very average hitting team. The pitching has also been less than stellar so far, but it’s still very early so they should be able to turn that around.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
So how we lost the last 4 playoff series tells you nothing? It’s more or less the same team choking games the same way but now during the regular season. Who the hell has 2 guys strike out on 6 pitches with the bases loaded and one out? This team strikes out at a ridiculous rate and has for years. It’s a recipe for playoff failure. Who they are is pretty evident, and Rizzo is a lot like McFail in that regard. Doesn’t know how to build a finished product.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Big 2nd half.

But.... This team is SO “WASHINGTON” Sports. They think they can turn it on whenever they want to. That always works out SO well in the playoffs around there, doesn’t it?

It'll certainly be interesting. I think they're out in Round One if they draw Toronto -- who hopefully will beat the Heat tonight while Washington plays Orlando -- but they could do some damage as the 7 seed. We shall see.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
So Wizards. All they needed to do was beat the 24-57 Magic and they'd get a rematch against the Hayward-less and Kyrie-less Celtics but of course they blow it so now they are the 8th seed heading to Toronto this weekend.

Reactions: Bananas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->