Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I'm glad that's the one game I haven't watched :D

They really should be 6-0 at this point. Even with Wall and Beal playing well below the level they're capable of playing at.

Yesterday I thought was Wall's first really good game of the year. Also, don't forget that 'Kief Morris isn't in the lineup yet.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Yesterday I thought was Wall's first really good game of the year. Also, don't forget that 'Kief Morris isn't in the lineup yet.
I thought he was awesome for 3/4 of the Warriors game too. But I agree, people might look at his 6 turnovers and shun him for them but he was playing around trying flashy passes for like half of them. He didn't force anything (outside of that 6th 3-pointer haha) and focused on distributing. That's where he's at his best and by extension, that's when the Wizards are at their best as a whole.

Wall should really try to average like 12-13 assist if he wants to differentiate himself from the other top PGs imo. He's certainly capable of it.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
what a pathetic performance against the Suns

played defense for 1 quarter, did amazing, then gave up on that side of the ball for the rest of the game and ended up losing at home to a bad team on a back-to-back

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
They showed how they could dominate them in the 1st quarter and then they just stopped giving a f*** about defense. It should have been a blowout. No excuses.

Sep 19, 2008
You should do yourself a favor and watch them more. They're legit contenders to go to the Finals this year. Wall is arguably the best PG in the league.

The problem with this is that they keep losing to teams like the Lakers and Suns.

This is a 3rd or 4th place team at best. They will beat their first round opponent and then lose in the second round to Boston / Cleveland. Because the league is basically stacked in favor of GSW / Cleveland. It's sad.

In a video game like NBA 2k you could really open up the parity and coach a team from worst to first almost instantaneously. That is NOT an option in real life. I mean you have the Sixers who have been rebuilding for like 10 years now.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
No defense until the 4th quarter again, Wall couldn't hit a FT to save his life, Porter didn't get nearly enough touches, Morris sucked ass.

And yet it took a 57-10-6 from LeBron to beat them. It's infuriating how large the difference is between how good this team should be and how good they actually are.

Sep 19, 2008
This team is not going to win the East. They talked and the media brought in about how they was ready to take the East crown. They ain't even close.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
This team is not going to win the East. They talked and the media brought in about how they was ready to take the East crown. They ain't even close.

They’re as close as getting their asses kicked by Cleveland indicates...lol. They should be an East semi-finalist, but they’re not winning. They need an upgrade or two IMO still.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Morris is s big part of this team now. He's presence (and attitude) are sorely missed. Especially on Defense and the Boards. When he comes back, we will see what they are.

I'd deal Gortat if I could. Decent player but a little soft, and a Primadonna.

Oubre is a character. He reminds me of a young Dennis Rodman, before he got really weird. If he keeps working on his game and gets a lot stronger, he's going to be something. Keep him at all costs.

Starting 5 of Wall, Beal, Porter, Oubre, and Morris is going to take some time to gel, but could be pretty sick. All hit 3's, and run, all have major hops....if they are coached up...look out. And you can argue that none of them has peaked yet.

If they can use Gortat and/or Mahimni's salaries to land some real depth (or Cousins...without giving up my above mentioned starting 5), they have a chance to do some damage in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad