OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2016-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Why Solis would ever be put in a game is beyond me. Every pitch is fat and he doesn’t have the velocity to get away with it. His ERA seems to support the eye test.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Bases loaded for Harper. Talk about cementing a legacy, Harper can do that with a dinger here.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Boy the Cubs have had some tremendous luck with umps keeping passed balls close to the catcher.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Wow, just wow. Every single challenge goes Chicago’s way. There is NO WAY they had absolute evidence that the tag was still on. NO WAY.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
But Murphy gets leg whipped on a double play attempt and they call it safe.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
What a mess. Cubs do their best to give game back to us, and we vomit up that slimy mass of fielding errors and baserunning errors and stranded runners?

Why in the world are Lind & Turner swinging at first pitches in the 8th inning when Davis is hanging on for dear life and cannot find the strike zone at all?

Why is Lobaton taking any lead at all at first base? What’s the point? He has taylor ahead of him at 2nd, Davis is already melting down.

Just zero composure from the boys in red and white.

Bed-s****ers right down through the whole lineup, including hair model Harper.

Yuck.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
What a mess. Cubs do their best to give game back to us, and we vomit up that slimy mass of fielding errors and baserunning errors and stranded runners?

Why in the world are Lind & Turner swinging at first pitches in the 8th inning when Davis is hanging on for dear life and cannot find the strike zone at all?

Why is Lobaton taking any lead at all at first base? What’s the point? He has taylor ahead of him at 2nd, Davis is already melting down.

Just zero composure from the boys in red and white.

Bed-s****ers right down through the whole lineup, including hair model Harper.

Yuck.
No matter all the blunders, the umpiring was decidedly on the Cubs’ side...even with replay. Despicable display by MLB and makes me question its integrity.

Reactions: troyerlaw

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
well, that was typical. I saw the guy wearing the Caps jersey standing next to fans in Nats jerseys. Gio cant pitch. Max gets hit. Umps blow Baez hitting Weiders. How many times did wild pitches by the Cubs with Nats on base hit the ump and saved bases and runs for them? Watching that mess makes it all the harder to give a damn about the Caps this season.

Sep 19, 2008
In the end the difference between a team like the Nats and a team like the Yankees or even the Cubs is the ability to punch someone when they are down, that killer instinct. That determination that you will stiff arm any bitch on the way to a championship. And this team does NOT have that. The teams in this city don't have that, but that's an issue for another day. I'm only going to talk about the Nats.

The Nats are a good team. Let's get that out of the way. The Nats have a good roster too. But the inability to knock someone out when they are on the floor is what cost this team. It cost them against St. Louis, it cost them against the Dodgers, and it cost them last night.

You are up 4-1. That place is shaking. I saw it myself. Taylor homers and that place erupts and the Cubs are on the ropes. It's 4-1.

How do you let the Cubs score 9 on you?

It was 4-1. It was 5-0 against St. Louis. And the Nats led 2-1 in the series against the Dodgers.

One commonality in all of these series is the lack of killer instinct. Look at what the Yankees did in their Game 5. Not only did they come back from 0-2 down, but they pounced on Kluber early, took a 3-0 lead. Indians made it 3-2, but no Yankee fretted or stressed out or gave up 4 runs in an inning. Gardner worked the count and got a big base hit for insurance. Every Nationals "clinching" game you've seen in recent memory involved an implosion that cost them the game, usually in the middle innings. Even last year that was the case when the Nats were even up 1-0 on the Dodgers early, and that 3rd base coach calls Werth in and he is out at the plate.

If the Nats were able to take a 4-1 lead and keep it.. if they didn't give up 2 runs immediately afterwards, maybe it's a different story. Even at 4-3 you should be able to maintain that lead. If you can't keep a 4-1 lead or a 5-0 lead in a series you deserve every bit of criticism leveled at you. These are not difficult leads to hold at all.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Pretty much. I’m not even a Nats fan and it was making me sick to watch. I turned it on up 4-1, turned it off when they went down a run. I’ve seen this story before. Gut wrenching. As soon as they mentioned Gio blowing it 5 years ago I knew things looked bad.

Harper rivaling Ovechkin in the loser/choker catagory

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Office looked like a funeral home this morning. This city just keeps getting punched in the gut.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Left Gio in too long when it was obvious he was in full head-case mode
Turner being shifted puts him on the wrong side of a grounder that gets us out of the 5th
Wieters can't catch strike 3 that gets us out of the 5th with contained damage
Wieters can't keep the ball in front of him
Wieters throws the ball away
Ump misses the interference
Scherzers hits a guy with pitch
Wieters gets called for interference
Werth drops ball
Lind first pitch double play ball
Lobaton gets picked off
Zimmerman leaves guys on base in seemingly every AB

Just an epic gack-fest from players, coaches, umps.
I thought the USA loss to Trinidad and Tobago Tuesday was the sports debacle of the year
It wasn't even the sports debacle of the week

Reactions: RandyHolt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad