OT: Nationals, Wizards, DC United, O's, Ravens....DC area sports IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
They can add to it, AFAIK, but the Blair deal should eat into it.

If you factor in the current contracts, Beal's cap hold, and cap hits for future picks, Webster likely would prevent them from signing Durant. That might be a nice application of the trade exception, actually. Pick up an $11M-$13M (depending how much is left after the Blari deal) player that someone doesn't want to pay and expires prior to summer 2016.

That was my thinking. Its a pipe dream, but a guy like Kevin Garnett would make a lot of sense for *this season*. I believe he's got 1 more year left on his deal, and his tenacity and work ethic would be terrific on the Wiz. Also would allow for Nene to get hurt (which we all know he will), and allow the Wiz to go really deep up front. With Pierce in DC, and Garnett looking to leave Brooklyn, that could be a very realistic scenario.

Send Webster and the trade exemption to the Nets for Garnett. I dont know that would be enough, as the Nets might want more. Perhaps a protected 1st down the road (like 2017 or 2018) would do it...and the Nets need those 1st's as they sent so many to Boston when acquiring Pierce and Garnett.

I get that Garnett is old....but with the Wiz youth and stable of kids, it would be a really good move, IMO. Might even make them the favourites in the East.

Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad