World Cup: National Team threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
As I said, N'Zonzi is not awful because he's still a good player. But Pavard (CB, can play RB) over Corchia (pure RB) or Laporte and Zouma (pure CB) is just ridiculous.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah, he's not even the best french young CB in the BuLi. Upamecano has been much better and actually has some european experience. Pavard is just blah for a blah team.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, he's not even the best french young CB in the BuLi. Upamecano has been much better and actually has some european experience. Pavard is just blah for a blah team.

Zagadou has been better than Upemacano, Zagadou has not gotten to play a lot of CB though, but the guy has been great for us. I wish he'd play more often. He's also a year younger than Upemacano.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Should've called Zagadou instead. ;)

No

Different positions/role. N'Zonzi is a pivot. Actually, N'Zonzi would be one of my picks to replace Motta next season (as Weigl probably gonna go to City). Bakayoko might be a better player overall, but France needs a guy that can control possession and help in the build-up play and already have countless star midfielders with the same skillset as Bakayoko.

Probably not

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I've gotten to the point where I don't know why fans even want their favorite club's players playing for their national team unless you yourself also root for that national team.

You are taking this seriously, I am not, maybe I wasn't clear about that initially.

I am just making the point that he's doing really well and probably is more deserving than that Pavard guy, I don't think a player who just turned 18 years old is an option as a defender for a team like France at the World Cup.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
You are taking this seriously, I am not, maybe I wasn't clear about that initially.

I am just making the point that he's doing really well and probably is more deserving than that Pavard guy, I don't think a player who just turned 18 years old is an option as a defender for a team like France at the World Cup.

I don't think Upamecano is a top 4 option for them either. He is still better than Zagadou though.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So is Senegal going to a serious pain in the ass over the coming years? Sarr, Mane, Balde & co. is just an insane amount of attacking talent if they click together; Koulibaly is an excellent place to start building their backline, where they have some intriguing young FBs; and there's even some talent in the midfield with Diousse, Diakhate, Kouyate, Gueye, etc.

That front 3 could be an absolutely joy to watch if they have chemistry.

Last edited:

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
After the gifts Hart has given up today he has to be done for England?

I mean he has done enough to be dropped already but these goals have to be proof he is done.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
So is Senegal going to a serious pain in the ass over the coming years? Sarr, Mane, Balde & co. is just an insane amount of attacking talent if they click together; Koulibaly is an excellent place to start building their backline, where they have some intriguing young FBs; and there's even some talent in the midfield with Diousse, Diakhate, Kouyate, Gueye, etc.

That front 3 could be an absolutely joy to watch if they have chemistry.

They have the worst keeper I think I've ever seen. When Clement Drop is playing for your NT, you have keeper problems.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
After the gifts Hart has given up today he has to be done for England?

I mean he has done enough to be dropped already but these goals have to be proof he is done.

Pickford and Butland are their 1 and 2, Hart can compete with Forster and Heaton for #3.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
They have the worst keeper I think I've ever seen. When Clement Drop is playing for your NT, you have keeper problems.

I don't know a thing about their keepers, but that seems to be their backup not their starter.

I'm just drooling about what that attack can do if there's enough creativity in the midfield to supply them, and their young FBs can deliver. So a crappy keeper might just make them even more fun to watch in Russia & Qatar.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Koscielny will retire from French NT after the WC. Good news for France fans who don't like seeing their defenders turn their backs against shots.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Koscielny will retire from French NT after the WC. Good news for France fans who don't like seeing their defenders turn their backs against shots.
Quite happy indeed.
Varane/Umtiti are better anyway, and I'd say Laporte is probably better too.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Netherlands at least look decent right now. Should be doing better offensively but van Dijk has been really crisp. Can't wait for him to join Liverpool. It always impresses me how hard it is to take the ball of Wijnaldum.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Beautiful counter attack goal started and finished by Memphis. Looks like he might have been offside though.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Hungary lost to both Andorra and Luxembourg this year...last year they were in the Euro knockout stage :skeptic:

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
0-0 at Wembley. Decent performance by England. Lacked a bit of quality in the final third. Loftus-Cheek standing out, if he keeps playing like that he could be in the WC squad. Maguire, Pickford and Gomez played well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad